Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Quick Update:

Well, it's been a VERY busy weekend for me! Brendan was gone with the Velo Rochester bike team for a "retreat" if you will (biking and a race) up in Hayward, WI. So... that left me home with Tegan but with lots of work to do. I decided to have "Painting Party" and thankfully a few of my friends and my whole immediate family stepped up to the plate. With Steph and Sarah's help (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!) the kitchen is totally done except for the nook where the TV is... we forgot about that (whoops!).
On Sunday my parents came over shortly before noon and then a little later my sister arrived. We thought it'd be no problem to get the family room/entryway primed and painted over the afternoon with 3 of us working and 1 watching Tegan. Well, we were wrong. We got it all primed and about 1/4-1/3 painted. I'll have to finish the rest another time... hopefully next weekend when I can get help again. I also hope to do some every night after Tegan goes to bed.

As far as Tegan goes. He even decided to help paint, much to our frustration, though it did allow me to laugh a little. In the 30 seconds that someone turned their back he grabbed a roller and began painting none other than our brand new carpet!!!! AHHHH! He got his foot and somehow his face, too. Not sure how the face got involved. My guess is he got paint on his hand and then rubbed his face. Regardless of how frustrating it was to clean, it is funny to think back on now that we did get all the paint out of the carpet :) Here's a pic of Tegan with the Swiffer. I guess he was just practicing up for his painting debut!
Here he is helping us vacuum the other day... exept it wasn't plugged in.
Tegan realized that the vacuum wasn't plugged in... thankfully we keep covers over our outlets.
Oh yes... and we always need to taste everything at some point. YUCK!!!!!!!Back to Tegan. He's got a new favorite face that he makes... see pics below. He makes it a lot. :)We are also now supposed to bush teeth 2x a day... we're working on that. Tegan prefers to suck the toothpaste off the brush before we get to the brushing part. Don't worry, it's the training toothpaste, so it's not toxic.Helping Daddy mow the lawn.

Post mowing bonding time.

Ok... all for. Love to all! ~j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The kitchen looks awesome - painting studs unite!!!

XO
s.