Friday, November 06, 2009

28 Week Ultrasound

Well, today was my 28 week ultrasound. Casey looked great, as always, and even cooperated and slept through the u/s with just a short bout of the hiccups (of course during the time they were trying to record the heartbeat and the blood flow through the cord). :) She is measuring a little small, but within 5 days of her due date so totally "normal" I'm told. At this point in pregnancy babies are truly beginning to be individual and unique in their size, so I'm just thinking we might have a little pipsqueak on our hands. Her weight estimate is 2 lbs 7oz, so right on target for what all my books and such tell me for what a 28 week old baby in belly weighs.

As far as position, she's still got her little face nuzzled in the placenta and her butt is down (so she's breech) but the perinatologist wasn't worried as there's still plenty of time and room for her to turn. I was a bit bummed - only got 2 u/s images to take home and the 3D image u/s machine wasn't cooperating, so no 3D images of her face. I do go back for another growth assessment ultrasound in 4 weeks, though, so maybe we'll get one then. Based on the below image, though, it looks like she's got a pretty cute nose... just like her brothers, Ty especially - I was/am in love with how cute his nose was!


Take care and love to all!
~jenn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Awww, she's so cute!