Monday, July 11, 2011

Easter in July

So I remembered that I never posted about Easter - big surprise... There are days I half wonder if I've got early onset Alzheimer's but I know that it's really just motherhood and having too many things to keep track of. OK - so not sure how long this post will be. Sadly at this point my pictures will remind me of what happened. What I do remember of Easter is that T still LOVES to get his hands dirty (literally) and use them instead of spoons when dying eggs, thinking C was the most beautiful little girl in the world (which she is anyway, but especially so in her Easter outfit) and that T could have hunted for Easter eggs for a week.

The day started off like any other Sunday in our family - C wanted to wear her tutu over her pj's. So stinkin' cute if you ask me :) "Julie Grandma" (as T calls her) had the house decorated up and festive for the holiday. I can't remember if it was before or after church, but we attempted our annual family picture - at least the grown-ups were smiling, right?
Following church we did the egg huntS (yes, plural). I think T handed his basket over to one of us adults a minimum of 6 times to re-hide the eggs. It was a hoot watching him run around and be SO surprised to find the eggs hidden in plain sight. C wasn't much interested in finding the eggs themselves but more-so getting them open to see if there was chocolate inside. The girl takes after her mother in that department, that's for sure!
When it was all said and done, I think all the yet-to-be-eaten candy got thrown away. The eggs containing the candy ended up getting hidden among some rabbit droppings (I'm sure it wasn't Mr. E Rabbit, he'd never poo in Julie Grandma's garden. Must have been Peter or his cousin Benjamin Bunny - hehehe) and that just grossed us all out.

OK - all for now. Stay tuned for another installment of the Moore family. :)

God Bless and Love to all!
~j

No comments: