Friday, December 08, 2006

Not what we hoped for...

Thursday I was informed that I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes :(

This coming Tuesday I will be meeting with a nutritionist/dietitian and a diabetes educator. I will learn the details of what I will be doing to manage my condition throughout the duration of my pregnancy. Based on what we've read on the Mayo Clinic website, I will for sure be monitoring/testing my blood sugar multiple times daily. Also, a study was completed in 2005 that determined that it is best to treat the condition with insulin, so even though this isn't something I was hoping that I'd have to do, I do want to do whatever is best for baby and I can handle daily injections if that is ensuring my child's health.

That's really all for now. I'll post more as I learn more... Please keep the prayers coming that this can now be managed easily and appropriately.
Love to all!!! Thanks for your support!
~jen & baby & brendan

1 comment:

Haley Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have it. Just keep your head up. Lots of people get it and their babies are fine. Just follow the diet and you will be fine. Good luck :)