Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Day at the Orchard

Yesterday we (Brendan, Tegan, Chris, Jen and I) decided that we should head to the Minnesota Harvest apple orchard today, so Jen and Chris came over last night to watch the Badger game (ON WISCONSIN!) and then stayed the night so that we could all head down to the orchard mid morning today. After a 2 hour (YES, 2 HOUR!) nap this morning we finally went and woke Tegan up at 11a.m., got some lunch in his belly and all 5 of us piled into the Tribute for our little road trip down Hwy 169.
Somewhere between leaving home and arriving at the orchard the temperature went up a few degrees and the humidity level increased drastically, because we became down right sticky and uncomfortable quite soon after getting there. Regardless, we did taste some apples, partake in some delectible apple desserts and take a tractor pulled wagon ride into the orchard to pick our own apples. Ever since T's first taste of applesauce we knew that he liked apples. Now that he gets juice we give him apple and yesterday (actually what partially gave rise to today's trip) Tegan had his first bites of apple, right off the core. Needless to say, he enjoyed his 2nd and 3rd and 4th tastes of apples today... these, though, were fresh from the trees. Yum, yum! I also think he especially likes eating apples because his gums are sore and swollen from his teething. [I swear I saw little "buds," as they call them, in his gums tonight at dinner. ] Tegan also had his first taste of apple cider. I just hope it's ok that it wasn't pasturized... I know I wasn't supposed to drink unpasturized juice when I was preggers. I'm sure he'll be fine, though. It was only a few drops.After dinner T was really fussy, again, I think it's the teething, so I gave him an apple core (that still had a lot of fruit on it) and he went nuts... he was SOOOO excited and just LOVED knawing on it for a good long while. I can't believe he's able to get pieces off even though he doesn't have any teeth!
Ok... all for now. I'm exhausted and the dust from the tractor/wagon ride did not do anything to help my allergies, to say the least! G'night to all!

~jenn

1 comment:

Ben Dodds said...

How funny... we were just at the Minnesota Harvest Orchard yesterday with the boys.... Isn't that place awesome!!! Looks like you scored some pumpkins. Nice work....

Peace,
Ben