Monday, September 03, 2007

Mighty Prayers Needed!!!

Hello to all who are frequent readers of my blog and those who have happend to stumble upon it. I am dedicating this post to my dear friends Jessica, Mitch and their family who are in need of some mighty prayers. Jess sent me a text [message] today that their 2 year old son Eli and her mom, Donna, had a nasty fall yesterday. Eli is currently in the ICU with severe head truma and I am unaware of how Jess's mom is. Jessica, herself, is approx. 31 weeks pregnant, so the last thing she needs right now is this stress. As this is all I know there is nothing else I can report, but if you could please send up some prayers for the fast and healthy recovery of Eli and Donna as well as for God to help comfort and calm Jess, Mitch and their extended families I and they would be greatly appreciative... the more prayers the better!!! Thank you so, so much!!!

~jenn
:UPDATE:
I just got a call from Jess and Eli has been taken out of the pediatric ICU, though is still in the hospital. He suffered a skull fracture and bleeding on the brain from the fall. Apparently Jess's mom, Donna, was walking up her driveway carrying Eli. The family's dogs were chasing each other and ran into the back of Donn's knee causing her to fall foward and Eli's head hit the asphault driveway. When Eli was unable to walk and became extremely sleepy Jess knew something was wrong and took him to the ER or Urgent Care (I'm not sure which). After a CT scan showed the skull fracture and bleeding on the brain Eli was med-flighted to a hospital in Madison, WI. Donna (Jess's mom) is doing fine from what I understand and it seems that they expect Eli to make a full recovery. As of today the bleeding on Eli's brain seems to have stopped and possible begun to be reabsorbed (hence his release from ICU), so he is on the mend and is back to his normal, happy spirits. PRAISE THE LORD!!! Please continue your prayers for the continued recovery and comfort of Eli and his family!!! Thank you from myself and Jess!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, my dear, I just read this and it really, really warmed my heart, which has been sorely in need. As I told you this evening, Eli is doing exceptionally better and was transferred out of ICU to the general pediatric floor today... and while my Mom's body may take a bit to heal (no medical intervention needed for her) her spirits might take a bit longer. Prayers will most certainly help to heal, sustain and comfort while we seek that out in the wake of such a scary, yet somehow life-affirming, event. I and my whole family appreciate your loyal friendship and for letting your family know (both Eastwood and Moore) that my family needed some love and prayers.
I love you Jens,
Jess

Anonymous said...

That's really scary. Our dogs have been especially underfoot lately -- one of them follows me step by step as I go down stairs around the house (and we have lots of stairs!). I've been worried that one of these days she's going to trip me when I'm carrying Piper. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm afraid of!

Poor Donna; she must be feeling terrible.

Ivy.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and best wishes for the family...that is so scary and horrible. Thank you for the updates, I hope everything turns out just fine. Much love...