Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Man's Man





Yup, that's Tegan. He is definitely a "man's man" when it comes to interests. He now "asks" to mow the yard with Daddy. It's more like a "uhh-uhh" as he guides us to the garage and then points to the lawn mower. I got that one started. I found a Kelty Kids frame carrier at Once Upon a Child the other day for $50! A fabulous deal and it is in like new condition, so that's even more exciting. Brendan asked when I thought I'd use one and I gave him a good list of places, events, times, etc. He followed with, "well, I'll never use it." Well, well, well... who was the first one to put it to use??? You guessed it, Daddy. HA! It totally made me laugh.Tegan also wanted to dress like Daddy the other night because he [Brendan] got all new team kit clothes (bike jerseys, shorts, skin suits...) so Brendan let Tegan try on an old skin suit. Let's just say it didn't fit so well, but Tegan enjoyed it for a while...
What else? OH, we had a fun playdate last weekend at my coworker's house. It was the first playdate that it was nice enough for us to go outside, it was such a treat! And even though my coworker has 2 girls, there was plenty of gender neutral toys (although the lawn mower was pink and purple), so Tegan was excited about that! I have to laugh because he really has NO interest in dolls, it's like he already knows they are "for girls." The only area that I'm confused on is that Tegan HATES to get his hands dirty, unless with with Daddy working on the bikes. If his food is messy he wants to eat it with a fork. When it comes to dirt or sand I've taught him how to rub his hands together and brush the dirt off. Although it's not very manly it sure is cute. But don't worry, he can burp and fart like a true man. (wonder where he got that from?!)

The last thing I can think of to report is that Tegan now can 'say' Roli (our cat's name), though it comes out as "yo-ee" and sometimes even "yo-yo". It's sweet, though, he'll make kiss sounds and tap his lap or the floor to try and lour (is that really how it's spelled) the cats over to him because he's seen me do that. :)

Ok, all for today, it's too beautiful to be inside blogging. Love to all!

~jen

No comments: