Monday, July 14, 2008

Annual Moore Family Vaca


Hello Friends and Family. So sorry it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last post. We were out of town for 6 days and then due to some storms last week, we lost access to our internet as they "fried" our modem. Regardless, I'm back online and have a few short minutes before Tegan wakes up from his nap to updated on the latest and greatest in his little world.

For the 4th we went to a little town near Manitowac, WI called Mishicot. I thought it was very cute and we all had a wonderful time. Brendan's parents, siblings, brother-in-law and niece all made it, so it was fun to get everyone together in one place. Although they still "parallel play" Tegan and his cousin Aubrey seemed to really have a good time and, maybe, even start to learn about sharing... ok, I'm only kidding myself. They are still too young to understand that concept, but regardless, it was fun watching them together.
As I've mentioned in the more recent posts, Tegan is really starting to talk a lot more and it's SO exicting for us to see him trying to form words that he hears us say. His newest words are: bubbles, Josh (family friend), Aubrey (cousin), ouch, crackers/cookies, Cheerios, hot (have I mentioned that one before?), ice (for ice cream)... and that's all I can think of. Funny story with the ice cream one is that every time I ask T if it's time to eat (like around meal times, don't think I feed him ALL the time. HA!) he answers, with a big smile, "Ice!" HA! That's one of the few words he does not say like it's a question. Is that supposed to be telling me something? Hm...

OH, SUPER big news is that Tegan is OBSESSED with using the toilet! We weren't sure if he even understands what we do when we go into the bathroom. Well, he does. Apparently he's seen Brendan go enough that he knows how boys go pee. Ok, sit down, it's story-time :) Tegan and Brendan were up together (well, thanks to Tegan's 5:30am wake-up call) hanging out. Brendan went into the kitchen and when he came back out Tegan had disappeared but there was a diaper laying on the floor. Brendan just thought Tegan had gone into his room and gotten a clean diaper to play with, like he often does... but upon further investigation Brendan found Tegan, diaperless standing in-front of the toilet with the seat up staring at it. HA! He did the same thing to me this morning, though he couldn't get his diaper off; I guess I put them on more securly than Brendan. Well, anyways, after lunch Tegan began his [normal] grunting. I asked him if he'd like to go potty and he started nodding his head and stopped grunting. Sure enough, I took off hid diaper, sat him down and sure enough, he started pushing again and went poop in the potty! BIG BOY!!! We're thinking we might need to go get ourselves a training potty. Isn't 17 months early, though???
OK, T's been asleep for way too long (over 3 hours) so I need to go get him up so that he's not awake all night.

Love to all!

~j

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Way to go Tegan! It just varies on the child and when they decide they want to potty train. He may be in diapers for a few months more since he may not understand everything quite yet!
Way to go!!!
~Elyse~

Sarah said...

If you potty train him at 17 months, you MAY have to write a book and retire from teaching... you MUST have a secret!

- Nice to see you guys & all your friends this weekend; what an entertaining group!

- I leave on Friday and HOPE to update my blog from Spain at internet cafes... http://sap79.blogspot.com/

kristofer and ivy said...

First of all, I am SO JEALOUS about the three-hour nap! Piper hits an hour and she is AWAKE. (She's still doing two naps a day.)

Secondly...
I read somewhere that it's a good idea to have a training potty out well in advance of actually needing one. Something about the kid seeing it and being familiar with it as a normal thing is supposed to make the transition easier. Lucky you that's he's so interested!