Thursday, July 24, 2008

You'd Think the Camera Was Broken...

but it's not. I feel horrible. I haven't taken any pics of T (on our cameras) in the past week! Crazy, I know! I did take a lot at my parents house last weekend while Brendan was outta town, but forgot to email them to myself before I left.

This past week has been a busy one. From Thurs through this Monday Tegan and I were at my parents' place since Brendan/Daddy was out in VT for some biking. For me it was a welcomed rest from full-time motherhood. For Tegan it was a fabulous 4 1/2 days of bonding with "mama" and "bapa" Eastwood.

Most of you know that my dad is very much "into" NHRA drag racing, and if you didn't know, you do now. Well, I nearly shed a few tears watching Tegan curl up in my dad's arms and listen to him explain the races one evening when it just wasn't time for "ni-night" yet. It makes me smile just thinking about it! The two of them also went for a bike ride together for 10+ miles each day we were there, Tegan in tow in the Burley d'Lite, of course. Aunt Amanda even joined them for the ride on Saturday morning.

Tegan also made a wonderful new friend at mama and bapa's house... their dog, Lady. I tried to get a pic of the two of them sitting on the couch watching TV; Tegan with his hand on Lady's back... but as soon as I got the camera out the moment ended. Tegan is becoming an enthusiastic photographer, though he doesn't know how to take pictures yet. Lately he'd prefer to be on the opposite side of the lens, much to my dismay :(

New learnings for Tegan include: locating his ears and occasionally his eyes, a few new words (bapa/papa and mama --> now exclusively used for g'ma). I'm now "mom", though still, occasionally, daddy :) Tegan also has his own version of Cheerios (I think I mentioned that before) as well as juice, water and milk. His favorite foods are cheese, yogurt, crackers/cookies and any sort of berry.

Ok, I know this is short, but with the lack of photos I don't want to take too much of your time :) I'll to get those asap and will post them with more info/news when I do. As always, take care and...
Love to all!
~jenn

No comments: