Friday, August 01, 2008

I know, I know...

It's been a long time since I last blogged, sorry. I'll make sure to post several pics this time to make up for last week's lack of pictures.


Trying on Daddy's new t-shirt.

The last week has been rather busy for us, even though we haven't really gone anywhere. Last week T and I had our first picnic together in the backyard. I sat on the blanket and ate and Tegan ran all over the yard and came back for bites as needed. HA! I swear, the kid burned more calories exploring the yard than he ate for lunch. Silly boy!
Where's Tegan???

Peek-A-Boo! There he is! :)
He did, though, show me that he can swing on the big-boy swing all by himself!!! WHOA Tegan!


This was a tiring week for me. Tegan had a really rough few nights where he just didn't want to sleep. I don't know if the poor guy has bad dreams, or has been sleeping extra lightly, or if it's teething or what, but Tuesday night was especially rough with me basically being up from 3 on with Mr. Cranky-pants. I don't know what it was, but it went from wanting the pacifier (which had fallen out of the crib) to "needing" to be rocked, to wanting Daddy but not wanting to lay in bed with Daddy to finally, at 5a.m. being "up" for the day. UGH! Thankfully T took a nice long nap from 8-11:30 that morning... and so did I. Unfortunately there was no afternoon nap that day, so we had a cranky afternoon. Wednesday night wasn't as bad, though T did end up in bed with us after an hour or so of rocking, pacing, singing, comforting, crying, etc. Last night was SO much better, with him only waking once and just for the paci (on the floor).


New developments over the past week or so include an EXTREME obsession/fascination with the train set that G'ma Moore is gradually building for T. For Christmas and B'day T got a some tracks, bridges and trains for the BRIO train set. Now, all I hear throughout the day is "nains?" Yes, that's how he says trains and he LOVES to play trains and make them crash off the tracks. It is cute to watch, though T really wants you to play WITH him. After about 20 rounds of trains it gets a little old for Mommy and Daddy... to say the least. "Mama" Moore, be ready to play LOTS of trains next time you come visit! :) Oh, and the blocks "Mama" Moore got him are now a favorite to stuff down his shirt! T just loves it when they all fall out. Hahaha!

Another new interest for Tegan is books! Yes, Tegan will now sit in your lap and read books with you. His favorites are the 2 that, again, G'ma Moore got him. They are peek-a-boo or lift-the-flap books, and thank goodness the flaps are strong! Tegan isn't the most gentle person with books, but he sure loves to find what's hiding.

Last Saturday Daddy, Tegan and I played in the back yard for a good long while with the garden hose... though I think Mommy and Daddy had more fun getting Tegan wet than anything. It was just too cute to hear him squeal and giggle when we squirted him, he loved it! (sorry, no pics of the water part)

Last are a few pics from our weekend at G'ma and G'pa Eastwood's...

Trying out Lady's kennel. :)

I know there's more to tell but my mind is running blank... so, that will be all for now.

Love to all!
~jenn

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yay! Thanks for the new pics. He's adorable, as always. Isn't summer vacation the best?