Monday, August 11, 2008

18 Months Old!

Well, Tegan is now officially 18 months old, yup 1 1/2 years! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying. Geez! T had his 18mo check-up last week and here are the latest stats:

Weight: 29 lbs 2 oz = 87%tile
Height: 33.2in = 81%tile
Head Circum: 18.7in = 44%tile

I always find it funny that T's head measures smaller than average because it seems so normal to me... maybe it's because it's just not huge like a lot of kids' heads. Who knows. Regardless, I think his head is perfect. Here's a pic of how perfect his head fits in his new helmet... which he wears everywhere!
The past several days have been a bit rough on us, again, though this time we are pretty darn sure it's because of teething. Tegan now has a VERY runny nose and it constantly chewing on his fingers. I'm trying to remember to give him Tylenol, but I also don't want to give it to him if he doesn't seem like he needs it. Tylenol or not, the poor guy is having a heck of a time sleeping at night since he gets all plugged up and just has to have that darn paci in his mouth. It's tough to breathe and suck on a pacifier at the same time. I finally gave up on rocking him the other night and we came out and slept on the couch together for a while so that I could keep his head elevated and I could sleep too. That helped a bit and he did sleep all night last night w/o waking up even one time. What a big boy! I also think it's because he's given up on the paci when he just can't breathe with it in.

Last week I found a garage sale gem... a Little Tikes jungle gym for only $20! Even better was the fact that the sale was just down our street so my dad and I put it up on the top of my car and drove it home. T loves it, despite the tears in the pics (we tried to take the paci away). I also found a Little Tikes Cozy Coup at another garage sale (2 doors down) and they gave it to us for free since it was staying in the neighborhood. It's definitely seen a lot of love, but it still rolls, so that's all that T cares about; that and the door opens and closes and the steering wheel spins! :)

I'm trying to think of what else has been happening in our little world, but I really can't think of much... I guess no news is good news, right? I know there's something I've been meaning to put in here, but I can't remember right now. Sorry.

Love to all!
~j

2 comments:

kristofer and ivy said...

Piper's about four months and 10 pounds behind Tegan. =)

Haley Elizabeth said...

Wanna know something funny..Tegan is only 2 lbs behind haley. She was weighed at 31 lbs and 39 1/2 inches haha. My mom found that exact car at a garage sale last year for Haley.

Do you have a humifier? It seems to really work with Haley and also putting a pillow or two to prop him up in his crib worked for her to. Also, use some vicks on the feet with socks. It seems to work to. I never gave much tylenol either at the teething stage. I had many many sleepless nights b/c of teething. Just do whatever works for you. I understand about he pacifier. Haley wasn't ready to part with it until she was 2 1/2. I hated her having it till then, but once we got her big girl bed we made her say see ya to the pacifier. It worked at least :)