Friday, August 22, 2008

Big Brother!!!

Yes, you read that right. I was going to try to wait until next Monday to post, but I just can't. Tegan is going to be a big brother sometime around March 10, 2009! YAY! (If you're trying to do the math in your head, that puts me at about 3 months along.) We are so very excited! That will put the kiddos just over 2 years apart AND I won't have to go back to work until the fall after my maternity leave. Woohoo! I haven't decided if I'm going to start a separate blog to "journal" about the new pregnancy or combine the two... what do you think???


Eating cereal like a big boy.
Ok, now that I've gotten that out of my system, on to the reason you logged on. :) The past week has been a bit tough on me since it's the last week before I go back to work for the school year. I also think T is sensing my anxiety and sadness as he's been VERY cuddly. We have been able to do a few extra fun things, though, to make the end of the summer be extra special. (And it's also the last summer T will have me all to himself.)
On Saturday we decided we were sick of being home so we called up Grandpa Eastwood and decided to meet up at the Como Zoo in St. Paul. I think T was more interested in all the people and things around him rather than the animals. However, we did get to go into the butterfly exhibit they have and T seemed to really enjoy seeing the butterflies that landed on Mommy and 'Papa. One even landed on T's hat. It was cute, too, because other kids were pointing out the b'fly on T, even though he couldn't see it.

Sunday was especially nice, in my opinion, because we had NOTHING planned. No bike races, no trips, NOTHING. Just church and a beautiful afternoon for Mommy, Daddy and T to spend together. We ended up cutting down some branches and vines that were hanging quite low in the backyard, as well as a little bit of weeding and a lot of just play relaxing and fun. Tegan did learn how to knock on the windows and doors... that's how we woke Daddy up from his super long nap :) Hehehe!

Grandma Eastwood came to get her dose of T-time on Wed and Thurs this week, so T really enjoyed that as he hasn't seen her in a few weeks. Thursday was extra special because we got out of the house again and went for a walk around the Galleria in Edina to window-shop. As always, T loved seeing and saying "hi" to all the people there. We even let G'ma go into a plate store (or dishes or tableware or whatever you wanna call it) but T and I didn't stay long as 1) it's not our thing and 2) the last thing I wanted was for T to reach out and grab something only to have it and several other things come crashing to the ground. :)
Safety First!

Thursday night we went to visit some of my friends from High School. One of them even brought her little boy, Braden, who is 2 and both he and Tegan had a wonderful time. It was SO cute watching them play together... even though T basically just copied everything Braden did. HAHA!

Today I decided that T and I should have one last special breakfast together, so we went to Panera and split a strawberry smoothie and a spinach and artichoke souffle/quiche. We both enjoyed it, and even though T probably won't remember the experience, I will. He was SO excited to sit in a regular chair, drink the smoothie from the super fat straw it came with and eat the same thing as mommy... all without wearing a bib.

"Hi-eeeee!"
To finish the week, we went to St. Paul to have lunch with my sis, Amanda. T slept most of the way there, which has made this afternoon's nap very difficult, but he TRULY enjoyed all the attention he got from his Auntie Amanda and all her coworkers.

Never thought you'd see one of these, did you?! HA!

How's that for a week's recap? Hope you are all doing well and your summer is wrapping up nicely, too... even if you don't have the summers off :)

Love to all!

~jenn

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!! Perfect timing for you as far as school is concerned next year. Woohoo! My vote is for you to just have the one blog for both T and the pregnancy. As a fellow blogger, I know it gets hard to find the time to update ONE blog, let alone TWO. Just my two cents...

Congrats!

Elyse said...

I agree with Mindy on the one blog thing. CONGRATS on your new addition coming soon. I am so excited for you!
~Elyse~

Shannon said...

Congrats again... I agree, one blog is plenty! Sorry we were not able to play this week... I ended up needing to go to school every day this week to move classrooms so they boys got to venture with me... We'll have to set something up on a weekend... I start tomorrow, how about you?

Haley Elizabeth said...

Congratulations Jenn! My mom just told me about it today. I bet you guys are so excited! How have you been feeling? It's exciting both our mom's will be grandma's again for the second time next year. I hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy. Good luck!

Bri, Joe, and Aubrey said...

Hey Jenn! Good luck with the beginning of school... I go back tomorrow. I too am having a hard time thinking about not spending as much time with Aubrey. At least we will both have maternity leave with our beautiful children to look forward to this year. Take care, and rest when you can!
Bri