Sunday, September 07, 2008

Ok... It's Finally Here (the update, that is)!

So sorry for the delay in updating. I've just been busy, busy, busy with going back to work and then tired, tired, tired by the time I've got time to put my feet up and blog, so instead I relaxed. A lot has happend with T over the past 2 weeks, a lot of exciting stuff! Tegan is now putting words together to make 2 and 3 word phrases. Yay for T! Tegan also discovered how to make the "L" sound in words... mostly in "hello" but a few others that I can't think of just 'cause he's been saying "hello" non-stop for the past 3 days, I think because he likes the way it feels to make the "L" sound. HA!
OK, I'll back-up to nearly 2 weeks ago when we went to the fair. Here's the rundown of Tegan's menu at the state fair this year (a little more extensive than the breastmilk and ice cream of last year): cheese curds (though only small ones because I was scared he'd choke), soft pretzel (SO GOOD!), dippin' dots --> he hated the texture at first, then they started to melt and he realized it was ice cream, haha! What else? I think he tried one of Brendan's sweet potato fries, but like me he didn't really like them. Oh, and a few bites of Brendan's blizzard type treat from the dairy barn... SUPER healthy, as you can see. :) T also got to "drive" some of the John Deer tractors, which he L-O-V-E-D. OH, and he got to pet a mommy cow and her calf, which he got SO excited about, it was precious the innocence and excitement on his face!
Fast forward a few days and it was off to Maplelag for a weekend of bike racing (for Brendan) and fun for the whole family... Grandma and Grandpa Eastwood even joined us to see what we've been raving about for a few years. Brendan did pretty good, see his blog for a recap if you like, and all of us had a great time! I especially liked how T got to take his nap at a regular time on Sunday instead of having to stay awake and be somewhat crabby during Brendan's race. (races are at 1pm on Sundays and that's right around T's afternoon nap time, which if he doesn't get is bad news!)

Last week was my first week back at school, even though I was back at work for workshops the whole week before. I am SO ready to be a semi-stay-at-home mom. I don't know if I'm ready to do it full time, but I think working 1/2 time and staying home 1/2 time would be my ideal scenario right now... maybe next year after #2 arrives... we'll see. Transitioning back to daycare has gone well and I think T really enjoys his time with friends.

This weekend we went down to Rochester to visit Grandma and Grandpa Moore (B's parents) and, as always, had a fabulous time. It was also a great way for Brendan and I to catch up on some much needed sleep as we both took some pretty good naps both days we were there :) Much to our surprise, Tegan did NOT want to sit on or "drive" Grandpa's tractors. We think it's because Papa turned them on and they were so loud, but who knows. So no pics of T on the tractor again at Papa's house.

Well, I think that about catches you all up on everything. Pregnancy is going well and I think I'm finally breaking through the super exhausting phase of the first trimester. Clothes are very tight (pants at least) and I've gotten out the stuff I wore during my 2nd trimester with Tegan... maybe I'll even remember to take a belly pic sometime soon. :)

Love to all!
~j

3 comments:

kristofer and ivy said...

yea for blog updates!

kristofer and ivy said...

I know you're back to work now....and I know you have a busy toddler at home....but I'm dying for an update! What is T up to?? How is Baby M'09?? How are you??

.ivy

Unknown said...

SO exciting!!!