Monday, September 29, 2008

Schoo-Schoos

Well, those are one of Tegan's favorite things right now... you probably know them as Trains or Choo-Choo Trains :) We seriously thought that T was going to have a heart attack yesterday when we found that Thomas the Tank Engine show was on PBS while we were watching TV yesterday. Tegan seriously didn't know what to do with himself he was just SO excited. It was TOO funny to see.

Tonight we decided to make it a "night-out" for the family so we took T out for his first trip to...... Chucky Cheese's! Whoa! Arcade game central... but for little kids. It was nice to see very few violent games :) Tegan's favorites were the ones that he could drive, one even took your picture for you while you were riding it, so I'll have to scan in that pic... it was cute. We also had pizza, so that was fun. I was a proud Mama being that T was the only kid I saw there who ate the veggies on his pizza!

After Chucky Cheese's we went shoe shopping for Daddy, though he was unsuccessful in his search for new running shoes (that he liked). Next we were off to Barnes & Noble to play at the train table in the kids area. THAT was a huge hit, too!

Yesterday brought a funny experience. Tegan has a bit of an obsession with shoes, trying them on, moving them from one place to another, etc. Well, after a few minutes of not hearing much from T I went looking and this is what I found. :)

I'm trying to think of any other cute stories... OH, we went to some friends' house on Saturday for dinner and they happened to have just adopted a new kitten (they named him George). Well, Tegan took a liking to George and surprisingly George liked Tegan too. It was too cute to watch George sitting in Tegan's lap and letting T squeeze/hug him and kiss him and hold him, etc. We will get some pics soon, it's just that they were taken using our friends' camera.

Then there's a bit of a not so fun story from Saturday night. Tegan decided he needed to go up the basement stairs (at our friends' house) but he didn't want help and he wanted to go up like a big boy (not crawling) and not holding onto the railing... well, he didn't make it too far before I heard a huge crash. OH, and the stairs weren't carpeted. Well, Tegan got his first goose-egg. OH did I ever feel like a horrible mother and felt SO bad for my baby! There's some good pics of that in the pics from our friends' camera too. Needless to say, I rushed to the nearest Walgreen's to pick-up some Tylenol as I didn't think to bring any, but true to his character, T bounced back in minutes and was fine by the time I got home. He's still got a bit of a bump, but nothing bad and the bruising isn't too bad, either, much to my surprise. :)

OK, that's all I can think of for this week. All with Baby is going well. I can't remember if I posted the stats as of my appointment last week, but the heartbeat was a steady and STRONG at 152bpm and we've got a VERY active little one in there as it took a while for my midwife to get the heartbeat over the Doppler long enough to calculate the bpm. GREAT! HA!

Love to all!
~j

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great pics Jen. Teagan is getting to be such a big boy and I'm really happy that everything is going well with #2.

Katie Houts said...

Oh man...we just experienced our first goose-egg a few weeks ago, too, after B fell against the bench in our foyer! Only I didn't discover it (it was behind his ear...weird!) until bathtime. I freaked out, thinking it was a tumor or something - it was huge! But then it started turning colors, so we knew it was a bruise that was healing. Not a good feeling for Mommy, though. Would you guys like to come over for some supper sometime? We'd love to have you! And I'll make a legit invitation...like over email, instead of a blog comment. :)

Haley Elizabeth said...

Aww, Poor Tegan! Little boys are so much tougher then little girls. I'm sure this is his first of many goose eggs.

I'm glad you are feeling good! The heartbeat sounds like a girl to me!! Are you going to find out the sex? The higher the heartbeat it's suppose to be a girl. It was right on for this little one I'm having.