Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 20 Update

Well, this week marked 20 weeks for my pregnancy... YAY! I'm 1/2 way there. Yesterday I had my 20 week check-up and the follow-up to my ultrasound and here's what I learned:
- My weight gain is good (I've gained about 10-11 pounds so far)
- I'm measuring totally normal for this point in pregnancy
- Baby's heart rate is 140bpm, so much lower than T was at this point. Brendan is super excited as he says that Baby will be ready for biking immediately. HA! :)

I also had my first non-fasting glucose test yesterday. Because I had gestational diabetes with Tegan they started testing me for GD this time at 20 weeks. I'll be tested every 4 weeks until 28 weeks. If at 28 weeks I'm still testing OK I'll be considered free and clear of Gestational Diabetes this time.

Last is news on the ultrasound. Just about everything looked good. Baby is very much a boy, we saw all his "parts" though we didn't get a print-out of them, which I'm fine with. It's not like you take a pic of it when they are born to prove it then. HA! The heart and brain and most other organs look great. The only thing that showed up was that the left (I think) kidney was slightly enlarged, so I'll go back for a follow-up ultrasound at 27 weeks to see if it's back to a normal size. They said this is super common among boys so they weren't surprised at all when I told them that the US revealed it's a boy...
OK, all for now. We're off to go play choo-choo's at Barnes and Noble. Happy Friday!
Love to all
~j

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Shaeffer had this... We had to have ultrasounds every two weeks... After he was born he still had it so we had to have another test run at children's... That showed that he still had two sizes of kidneys, but no kidney reflux so we re-ultrasounded at a year of age and it was gone... So... It sometimes takes a year, but does usually clear up on its own...