Friday, October 31, 2008

Tick-O-Teat!!!


Yup, that's how Tegan says it now. It was TOO cute listening to him practice (when prompted, of course). Tonight Brendan/Daddy took Tegan out trick-or-treating with our 2 neighbors Zach (4) and Alex (2 1/2) and their dad Scott. Us moms stayed home to hand out the candy... because we don't trust the kids to take their fair share (2 or 3 pieces)... at least that was my reasoning. Tegan decided (with our help) to dress-up as a bicyclist. He wore his yellow jersey (bought for him by Grandma Eastwood even before his arrival) and Brendan's Discovery team cycling hat. He also had his helmet on for a while, but not too long. Needless to say the "costume" was a hit and Brendan got several "I knew he'd be a biker" comments (or something along those lines) :) Hahaha!
The past week and a half or so have brought some exciting changes for us. As I posted last week, we found out the Baby Moore 2009 is actually Baby BOY Moore. Brendan is very excited and, even though I was rootin' for a girl to dress-up and all that, I'm SUPER excited for Tegan to have a little brother who is so close in age to him. Our neighbors (mentioned above) are just about the same age difference as T will be with his brother and they are such good buddies!!! Now we just have to think of a name as all the names we had were for a girl.

Additionally, Tegan has been sleeping marvelously and only been waking up 1 time a night... if at all! This has been a HUGE answer to prayers as I'm the one who gets up with him in the night if/when he wakes up because Brendan "doesn't hear Tegan crying/calling out." We laugh, because T has recognized that Mommy is the one who will come to his "rescue" so whenever he wakes up enough to call out all we hear is "Mo-om. Mo-o-om-my..." Sometimes I'll lay there and hope Brendan will take a turn, but usually it still ends up being me and my (of course) very full bladder and big belly rocking T for a few minutes to re-relax him. I really still hope that it's just the missing paci that wakes him up and not bad dreams... I know how much they have bothered me all my life (bad dreams that is.)

I'm trying to think of what else is "new" but there really isn't. Tomorrow will bring a playdate with some of my coworkers' kiddos around T's age and then we'll head down to G'ma and G'pa Moore's for the remainder of the weekend as we haven't been there in a month or longer.
One more "news" item that I thought of. I got the results of my 20 week glucose test and they came back in the "normal" range, so that's great. I still have a gut feeling that I'll develop GD but I'm fine with having that gut feeling be wrong too. :)

Here are a few pics from the past week or so... T's OBSESSED with the Little Einstein's. They are on at 7am, so perfect time for shortly before or after he wakes ups. He'll either sit on the couch or... well... right in front of the TV and just get all excited about whatever their "mission" is for the day. It's especially exciting when there are choo-choo's on Einstein's; that means his TWO favorite things! There's even an episode on occasionally with choo-choos AND ice cream. You should see the energy come out of the kid when that episode is on :) HA!!!
Hope this finds all happy and healthy!!!Love to all!

~j

1 comment:

chelle said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad someone else gets to hum "We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship, zooming thru the sky, little einstines..." Ella loves Quincy so during the night if she rolls on the doll we hear "lets sing a silly song...flubba dubba dubba dubba daa"

Take care, Chelle