Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ketsup

Can you believe that Casey is already 4 weeks old?! Where has the time gone? I swear it goes by faster with each child - here we are, 4 days past Ty's first heavenly birthday! But that's a whole other post, so I won't go any further on that subject now...

Hm... well, where do I even begin? I don't think I even had a very significant Thanksgiving or Christmas post. I really need to get back into posting every week, hopefully that'll be easier now that I'm at home full time until the 2010-2011 school year - yes, if I haven't already mentioned it, I am taking the remainder of the school year off to spend with Casey and Tegan (T is still in daycare 3 days a week, but with me the other 2 - gives me good time to bond with C but also get special time with T).

OK - back to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Both of those holidays were spent in Rochester with Brendan's family, though we also had a Christmas with the 3 of us (+Casey in belly) and another with my family. Thanksgiving went well - MN weather was still pretty mild for that time of year so Tegan and his cousin Aubrey got to spend some fun time together outside in Gramma and Papa's big yard driving the pink Barbie Jeep, riding on the big wheel, and pushing around, filling and dumping all of the various dump truck toys.

At Thanksgiving, we also celebrated Aubrey's 3rd birthday. One of her gifts was a toy kitchen mixer - well, Tegan thought that was the COOLEST thing in the world, so there were definitely some tears shed when we explained to him that it was Aubrey's toy and not his and that she got to play with it first. Thankfully, though, Aubrey also got a new refrigerator (built by Papa himself) so she was completely content with playing with that and her pretend cupcakes while Tegan fulfilled his need to play with the mixer.

Well, I'm sure you can guess what one of the gifts was that Gramma and Papa Moore got for Mr. T for Christmas. Yes, a mixer! BUT it wasn't just a mixer, it was a whole set of a [toy] mixer, blender and coffee maker (all that "really" work - specifically, they have moving parts and the coffee maker even pumps water from the tank to the pot!)

Daddy and Tegan playing with T's new submarine (from Santa)

Speaking of Christmas, we were really glad that we were actually able to travel to Rochester as the entire week leading up to Christmas I was having some pretty regular contractions and had already dilated to 2-3 cm AND the weather people were predicting a pretty significant winter storm to begin on Christmas eve (or Christmas day, I can't remember which now). But, as I said, we did end up going as my contractions stopped and the storm wasn't quite as bad as had been predicted.

My big regret with regard to Christmas this year is that we didn't take many pictures - almost none, actually. We instead got down on our hands and knees and bottoms and played and engaged with T while he opened his presents... so even though we got some good, fun time with him, I wish we had more pictures to look back on and share our fun with others...

On the 27th Brendan and I (along with Tegan) went to Chili's to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary - yes we've been married for 6 years (together almost 11 1/2 total)! Even though it wasn't the most romantic meal, we enjoyed our last dinner out as a family before Casey's arrival and, best of all, Tegan behaved SO well (not been the case lately as far as when we go out to eat) so we were truly able to enjoy each others' company.

OK... will stop there because the next post will be all about Miss C and her arrival :)
Thank you for your patience with the long pause between posts. BTW - did you get the title of the post? Say it out loud... now think of what the post is doing... Now you get it? Ketsup = Catch-up :)

Love to all!
~j

No comments: