Thursday, May 06, 2010

Young Love

So I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here or not but Tegan has his "official" first girlfriend. He tells everyone about her now. OK, so not everyone but lots of people, especially his friends at daycare. When I picked T up from daycare on Wednesday I was informed by our daycare provider "Rolie" (really, her name is Laurie, but that's how Tegan says it) that Tegan asked several of his daycare friends if they knew what his girlfriend's name is and then quickly and very enthusiastically shared that her name is Lilly.

Yes, her name is Lilly (Lillian, really, but she goes by Lilly) and she is a true southern belle. Born in Dallas, I believe, and her family is mostly from Alabama and with her mom and dad both having the awesome southern accent little Lilly has one too - it's SOOOO cute!!! It's a rare occasion if you see her without her rhinestone sunglasses and I don't think I've ever seen her without her hair "done" whether up in a ponytail or curled or something. Seriously, the girl is precious!

Anyway, we had Lilly and her family (Mom, Dad and baby brother) over for s'mores and a bonfire a few weeks ago and the two (T & L) decided to play Ring-Around-The-Rosie. Not sure where they learned this version...


If that's not cute enough then here's another display of T's fondness for Miss Lilly. On our front porch we have 2 chairs and a small table (not a bistro set, but similar). Generally the table is located between the chairs. Let's just say that when Lilly wanted to sit on the porch it was decided by a certain 3 year old boy that the chairs should be located immediately next to each other. As it's true southern style, Lilly also goes along with what her "man" says/does, so when T didn't want his picture taken, neither did she. The following is a series of pictures demonstrating just that:

Tegan: No, I DON'T want my picture taken!
Lilly: [giggling] No, don't take my picture.
Lilly peeking to see if T was still "blocking" the camera (that's what he calls it, "blocking")
Tegan post offering Lilly some of her water
(and yes, he holds the bottle for her as she drinks, ha!)
This is (obviously) from another day when the 2 love birds were blowing bubbles together.

I'll stop there for tonight. Hope all's well with you and yours...
Love to all!
~jenn

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jenn -
That made my heart melt! What a video to cherish!

Hope all is well with you, I love seeing the pictures of Casey and how big and strong she has gotten!

Sarah

kristofer and ivy said...

Um, they are ADORABLE! I hope T doesn't mind you sharing his love life on the Internet; it was so sweet to read about! =)

Piper doesn't care about boys, but she has a great friend (Randa) at daycare. The other day as we were leaving I reminded her to say bye-bye to Randa; they kissed on the lips! (Piper kisses everyone on the lips lately.)

.ivy