Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rollin' Over!

She did it!


Casey rolled over for the first time this week and I saw it!

Here's C shortly after the event - I turned her back over in hopes that she'd repeat the acrobatics but she was too tired. Rolling over is hard work!

You might not think that's too exciting but I think it is as I was not there to see when T first rolled over - I was back at work and my mom was the one to get to witness that milestone experience. It was such a shock, too (Casey's rolling over, that is). Even though she used to l-o-v-e tummy time (when she was still a tiny little pun'kin) Miss C now generally does not like it. Tegan extremely disliked tummy time, too. The doc said it was probably because he was such a big baby and there was so much weight on his tum-tum during tummy time that it was not comfortable. I think C has gotten to that point - the point of being a bit on the rolie-polie side :) (I weighed her the other day and she was 14+ pounds!)

Look at those eyes - wow! As with Tegan, we're in trouble!

Anyway, back to why it was a surprise. Like I was saying, C doesn't generally like tummy time and when I do put her on her tummy she usually arches her back, stiffens her arms and keeps them at her sides and cries. After a few minutes she gives up on the arching her back and just lets her head rest on the floor, sometimes even face flat down. Plus, she frequently spits up during TT (tummy time) and then gets it all over her face... So, like I said, not a fun time for her. Well, on this day (I already forget but I think it was on Tuesday) instead of doing all of the above described she put her arms out in front of herself and pushed her chest up off the ground using them [her arms] and even smiled! Then after a minute or so she started pushing more with her left arm and then she slowly rolled over!


Trust me, it was SO neat to see! Though, at the same time it was a bit sad because it is just another sign that Casey is growing up. Yes, I know. She's not even 4 months old yet, but I still picture her as my little sub 6 pound preterm blessing.


Alright - that's all for tonight. I've hardly seen my hubby tonight so I'm gonna go lounge on the couch with him before we go n'night.


Take care & Love to all!
~j

No comments: