Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sore, Sore, Sore... massage please!!!

It's almost Hump Day... so I hope you're getting in the mood to hump :)

Howdy, howdy, howdy! Things today are coming in threes, I guess. My students' art project involved 3 stars, I had 3 students absent and I've had 3 hard days of work-outs in a row, make that 5 actually... and hard is saying things nicely.

Many of you also check my husband's blog (www.brendansbikeblog.blogspot.com) but either way, if you live in the cities you know the weather has been CRAZIE the past few days. Planning my runs is coming along, and this week was no exception. Brendan wants me to mention that I'm comando right now (I'll get to the reason in a bit)... ok back to the story. I got home on Friday in good time and decided to get my run in while it was still beautiful (upper 40's low 50's for temp). I was avoiding my hill sprints all week, and I knew I needed to get it in, so it was time. At least the weather would keep my spirits up. So I ran my 1 or 1.25 mile warm up to this hill about that far away... not some crazy hill, but exactly what the workout calls for (approx. 200m long). It was to be 5 times up that sucker. The first 2 sprints went well... tough, but not horrible. It felt good to sprint, it's been years since I went that hard and fast. The only thing that was pissin me off at that point was some stupid Doberman at the bottom of the hill. He has a shock collar/invisible fence so wouldn't go out of the yard, but would shut up and freaked out when I tried to let him smell me. 3rd time up the hill was a bit tougher and I was seriously considering only doing 4 instead of 5 trips, but I wasn't gonna short myself. Darn it all if I wasn't dying by the end of that one, but I just can't keep pace when I run alone. Needless to say the "cool down" mile was still at a sub 8 min pace.

I had a 4 mile and 13 mile run left for the week; Saturday was supposed to be warm, but windy and Sunday the opposite, cool-cold but little to no wind. I hate running in the cold, but I hate wind even more, especially on long runs, so I decided to do the 4 on Saturday and the 13 on Sunday. Not a whole lot to report on those except, like I said, that darn pace problem: Sub 8min pace for the 4 (in a 20 mph wind or so Brendan reports) and between 8 and 8:30 for the 13 and SUPER hilly. Turns out the 13 was more like 12, but I decided those hills really made up for it.

So, there was 3 harder workouts. Then there was shoveling the whole flippin' driveway on Monday (a snow-day--> no school) because I got Brendan's car stuck IN the driveway as I was backing out. This pic does my job no justice :(


THEN, tonight B and I went to our friend Sarah's spin class at Lifetime and I pushed to the point that I was about to passout, but dang it feels good to push that threshold! I'll be beggin for a massage tonight... cross your fingers that I get it. Which gets me to the comando thing: after spinning we went in the hot tub and I didn't bring dry clothes and didn't feel like wearing sweaty bike shorts or a swimsuit under my sweats, so I didn't. HA!

1 comment:

Brendan said...

nice pic of us...I didn't realize I was so photogenic