Monday, August 21, 2006

16 Weeks: Expanding...


Well, I'll be 16 weeks (4 months) tomorrow and I am feeling a lot of stretching. The belly started itching yesterday and Brendan and I both noticed this morning that I HAD a baby belly when I got up. Usually my tummy more or less just looks like it's bloated in the morning and then gets bigger as the day goes on, gravity takes effect and the stomach muscles relax. But, like I said, this morning it was still there! I can tell the 'ole uterus is slowly "rising into my abdominal cavity" as the books put it because I have been feeling a LOT of pulling and tightness, which explains the growing belly. Well, that and the fact that Baby is approaching 5-6 inches (from head to butt) this week. I'm still amazed how this whole pregnancy thing takes it's course and the different things that happen to my body throughout it all. Pretty darn cool and just miraculous, I think!

Well, all for now...

~Jen & Baby M

P.S. Brendan and I decided that I should take my belly button ring out when I was cleaning it and noticed that my belly button is getting bigger and shallower, also confirming the growing and stretching. Amazing!!! :)

No comments: