Sunday, August 27, 2006

Rumble Rumble

Did you know that when listening to the baby's heartbeat with the doppler you can hear the baby kicking? You can, and did you know what that sounds like? Thunder! So neat! I got to experience this on Friday at my most recent doctor appointment, though only long enough for the midwife to calculate Baby M's heartrate... so maybe 15 or 20 seconds. I was definitely hoping that I could savor the moment a little bit longer, but oh well. SO, the heartrate has dropped down to 150 from the 180 it was about 6 weeks ago, which is completely normal. It was so neat to hear, it always is!

It's still so hard for me to truly comprehend that there is a little person growing in me! I mean think about it, I can't see it, I can't really feel him/her too much yet (just a few flutters a few times a day with a random good, strong KICK maybe two times so far) and the last time I did "see" this little guy/girl, he/she was the size of a raisin with little to distinguish other than the flashing of the heart beating. It's just so amazing to even conceive (mentally, that is... and physically, too.)

Not a whole lot to complain about at this point (THANK GOD!!!) other than my allergies, which would be here regardless. They are definitely less intense than when I wasn't prego, but very much here, too. Starting to feel pregnant, belly is showing and firming up as baby continues to rise up into my abdomin and less so in my pelvis... thus less bathroom trips (YAY!). Not only am I not supposed to lay flat on my back anymore (because when I do it can compress an artery runny down my back which feeds not only my lower body but also Baby) but when I DO lay on my back, it's quite uncomfortable. A very odd feeling for sure!

Well, all for now. Thanks for reading... my ultrasound has been scheduled for Monday, Sept. 11, so I'll be sure to scan in those images and post those so that the world can get a glimpse at our little ray of sunshine. :)
~jen & baby m

1 comment:

Sister Christian said...

Aww! Yay! Pregnancy! I hope all goes well with it and I hope that your bay turns out healthy and beautiful in every which way. I LOVE babies! So cute and chubby!