Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Can't Pick Just 1

So... I've taken so many neat or important pics over the past week and I couldn't decide on just a few to share (I know... you're upset about all these new pics) so you get to see lots of them.

The first picture you see is from last night. Can you see anything different about Tegan?Here's a hint... Tegan no longer resembles a hockey player from behind... or how bout the whole business in front-party in back is just not cool. Could you guess? We got rid of the hockey-hair/mullet. YES, Tegan had his first haircut. We decided that he'd like to be like Daddy, so we buzzed it... guys, if you're curious, it was the 3/4" attachment.

Ok, on to the next pic... T's obsessed with mugs, especially when they are the one Daddy or Mommy is using. So we now give him one whenever one or both of us has a mug. Here's Tegan practicing drinking from a mug... who cares if it's upside-down. :)OK, so I said T is obsessed with mugs, I lied. It's really drinking from his sippy that he loves... especially juice. He now drinks an entire sippy-cup of juice-water mix between dinner and bed every night. He starts getting really upset when he notices that a sippy isn't within reach and/or sight so I'm trying to teach him the sign for more. So far he just points, which is better than nothing, but I need to find out what the sign for juice is (hopefully it's a relatively easy one). Does anyone who reads this have the Baby Einstein Baby Signs video? Would love to hear what you think about it.

Oh... and here's what happens when we wait a little too long to start getting ready for bed... it's kinda funny cause Tegan just shuts down but at the same time it breaks my heart to see him so upset.

This next pic is just a cute one of Tegan and Daddy having fun together. :)

Remember a few posts back when I talked about how Tegan will push anything that moves??? Well, here's him at our play-date last Saturday pushing the babydoll stroller. I was just hoping that the owner of the stroller (a 14 month old) wouldn't see Tegan and get upset. HA!

Like I just mentioned, we had a play-date on Saturday... a pretty big one as you can see. Yes, 9 kids in all and we somehow managed to get them ALL in a picture together. The ages ranged from 9 weeks to 2 1/2 years though most of the babies were between 9 and 13 months. It was really cute to see how the kids would notice each other and play together for a while (very short while) but for the most part the did their own thing. It'll be SO fun to keep getting this group together over the coming months and years and see how they develop individually and together as friends.

HA! I told myself that I won't post any complete butt shots on here (and for sure no frontal nakedness) but I thought a little peek wouldn't hurt anyone, right? Let's just say that Tegan got away from me while I was changing his diaper at Grandma and Grandpa Moore's house this weekend. It was TOO cute to watch.

Here's another fun time with Daddy... again, pushing stuff across the floor. This time, as you can see, it was the ottoman.
OK, that's it for the new pics... Hope you enjoyed them! Hope it's warmer when you are than where we are... I can tell you I'm praying that school gets canceled tomorrow due to the frigid temperatures. Not only for myself to have a day off, but it's just too dang cold for those kiddos to be waiting outside for their buses!

Love to all!

~jenn

3 comments:

Laura said...

Steven loved pushing everything around at T's age (and still does)-- our chairs were always pushed away from the tables. We have the Baby Enstein Baby Signs DVD. Steven really likes to watch it and pays attention. I don't know that he has necessarily learned any signs directly from it but I figured that any exposure helps. We recently discovered a show on the Starfish channel (who knew?) called Baby Signing Time, and it is great! It's not on a lot but he has definitely picked up signs from it and he's only seen if a few times. It focuses on fewer signs and is a littler simpler than BE and I think it helps. Keep trying with the signs-- Steven only did "all done" until a month ago and we've been signing to him for almost a year. It pays off eventually.

Mindy said...

He is such a doll. I love the naked butt picture. He couldn't be any cuter :) Keep posting pics- I know I don't make comments here often but I check your blog almost daily!

Love,
Mindy

kristofer and ivy said...

hey, Jenn! Here's a link to the breathable crib shield: http://www.securebaby.com/crib_shields_all.html

Only $25! They only stock two colors, but everywhere else I found was sold out.

ivy.