Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Angel


While at the hospital we were offered a photo shoot with Cindy of Prominence Photography, a photographer who also does work for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, a non-profit organization that offers photography services to families whose infant has passed or will soon. To be honest, at first I was grossed out by the idea of having the body of my baby photographed after his death, but I knew that if I didn't take advantage of this opportunity I would probably regret it for the rest of my life. Thank GOD I trusted my instincts, because I can't imagine not having these and more photos of Ty. None of them match what is in my (or Brendan's) memory, but they are surely helping me cope, even though they make me cry every time I look at them.

Presenting, Ty Gary Moore... the little angel I was blessed to hold in my arms, but forced to say good-bye to... I know I will get to hold him again someday, but that knowledge doesn't ease the pain.


Saying Good-Bye For Now...

Thank you to everyone for their thoughts, prayers and kind words. You will never know what your comfort means to us!
All for now...
~jenn, brendan & tegan

5 comments:

kristofer and ivy said...

oh, Jenn. What a sweet, sweet baby. He's really beautiful. Thanks for sharing your precious photos.

.ivy

Anonymous said...

jens -- your baby boy is so, so beautiful. and yes, thank you for sharing your photos; they and you are beyond measure.
heart full of love,
jess

Wolfe Family said...

Jenn,
I'm Jenn Merritt's friend who photographed Abbie. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss- My best friend, Heather, lost her first baby, Briana Joy, at 37 weeks- it's heartbreaking. I have resources for you if you'd like- check out missinggrace.org. I'm praying for you- physical healing for your body, emotional comfort for your soul, spiritual strength in this time of grief. Words fail. Please let me know if I can connect you with Heather- I know she'd love to walk alongside you as someone who knows what your feeling.

Sarah Wolfe
sarahwolfephotography.blogspot.com

Kierstyn said...

Jenn,

I found your blog through Laura Wimberly. Though we've never met, I wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you and your family. Baby Ty is beautiful!! I am so sorry that you had to say hello and good bye all in the same breath.

Kierstyn Krajca

The Van Nuland Family said...

Ty is an absolute beautiful boy. Thank you for sharing those precious photos.