Sunday, February 01, 2009

Thank You

Dear All,
I just wanted to thank everyone for their amazing support of Brendan, Tegan, our families and I during these past several days and those to come. Words cannot express how deeply hurt, confused, sad, and beyond that we are, but similarly how deeply grateful we are for everything everyone has said and done.

We really haven't responded individually to very many emails, messages, texts, and voicemails, but know that they have all been read/heard and are SO appreciated! The outpouring of love and prayers is amazing. I am so lost for words, so please just know that we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!

We know that this is all part of God's great plan and that we should continue to praise and glorify Him, but it is so hard to understand why so much hurt and suffering is a part of that plan and how any good can come out of such suffering. Eventually we will grow, together and individually, from this experience and we will be better people for surviving it, but it's hard to see that far into the future. So, too, God has probably done this to, somehow, save us from further pain down the road... again, hard to understand and foresee how.

Ty is in a better place, a place where there are no tears, no pain, and no suffering. He has looked into the eyes of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and seen pure and true love. Ty has felt His embrace and kiss. How amazing life must be for him?! Knowing this fact brings me great peace, though I wish Ty could have been given the gift of looking into my eyes and me the gift of looking into his... for him to feel the warmth of my embrace and the touch of my kiss on his face and me feel the warmth of his breath on my cheek... but I know that these gifts will come when I, too, am called Home.

Thank you again, and please keep sending those mighty prayers up to our Lord Jesus to help with our healing. God bless you and those you love!!!
~jenn & family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen,
You are so right. It is so hard to understand that anything good can come from all of this pain and suffering. I am thankful that you are finding some peace in knowing that you will hold your precious Ty in your arms again one day. I pray that your faith will carry you through all of this, even though it seems almost impossible right now.
You are all in my constant prayers and held so dear in my heart.
Blessings on you all,
Jill A.