Friday, February 20, 2009

24 Month Stats

Here they are... Tegan's official 24 month measurements and relating statistics in relation to how he compares to the rest of all 2-year olds (or something like that).
NOTE: most of the pics in this post are just random shots that I thought were cute... so they don't necessarily relate to the stories they precede or proceed

Weight: 30.4 lbs = 79%ile
Height is a whopping 36 in (head to heal) = 90%ile
Head Circumference: I don't have the measurements in front of me, but it's [still] 40%ile.

Below is T's meal of choice (well, what was left of it after his birthday party dinner)... the meal of champions: hot dog with "check-up" (as T calls it) and "acroni cheese".
A few stories to accompany the above info:
The weight is a rough estimate because T wouldn't sit still in the seated scale nor stand very long on the "regular" scale. While I was checking in T went off to the "well child" are to play. Upon looking up after about 2 minutes he couldn't see me and because VERY upset thinking I had left him. The poor guy ran straight out the main door (as he now knows how to use the handicap button to open doors) and started running down the hall of the building (thankfully our clinic is inside of the St. Francis Medical Center building, so the main door to the Peds office doesn't lead directly outside). I quickly ran after him and it took 20 minutes of me reassuring him that I wasn't going anywhere before he calmed down.

Then there's Tegan's height... I used to tease (tease who, I don't know, myself, Tegan, Brendan...) that T's height/length was all torso, but his legs are finally starting to grow... Let's just put it this way, for his entire life, T has always outgrown one-piece outfits and footed pj's in the torso area long before the legs of the clothes were too short... shorts have always been like capri pants on the little guy and lastly, for the past few months Tegan has been wearing 2T shirts and 12-18 month pants. His legs are finally too long for all of his 12-18 month pants and in the past month his 18-24 month pants (they fit him for a mere month) have quickly gotten to be too short, too (yes, in just a matter of weeks, really!). So, I've had to make a few trips to the clearance racks and Once Upon A Child as most stores have already clearanced out all of their toddler pants... seriously, it's FEBRUARY, we've still got at least 2 months of snow left if not more!
Have I mentioned Tegan's memory on here? He has the memory of an elephant... they are the ones who "never forget", right? I swear, the kid remembers EVERYTHING! The cutest and most innocent example I have relates to the day of Ty's memorial service. I think I've blogged about how T used to LOVE (or at least enjoy) going to the nursery at church... well, such is no longer the case. As we walk toward the nursery each Sunday he begins crying out "no, No, NO!!!". Our nursery has a beeper/buzzer system (like at restaurants). They buzz you for things such as a dirty diaper, nasty runny nose, getting sick (puking), and crying for 10 minutes straight. We get buzzed EVERY Sunday for the crying reason. It stinks! So, back to the story, we had arranged for a high school girl to watch the kids in the nursery during Ty's memorial service. When it came time to drop them off Tegan was pretty upset, but Gramma knew what to do. She just explained to Tegan that she needed to go potty and she'd come back when she was done (isn't she mean?! hahaha!). Well, that worked and T let her leave with minimal tears. After the service, I was the one to pick up Tegan. He kept telling me something about "Gamma go potty" and I just laughed and explained that Gamma was in the other room. Upon arriving back in the chapel (location of the memorial service) Tegan loudly announced to everyone "Gamma go potty." Everyone just looked at him, as I had, and wondered what he was talking about and laughed it off. Gamma was nearly in tears (from everything else, but also from Tegan's statement). She then explained the REAL story and how that was her way of getting out of the nursery. Yes, after nearly an hour, lots of toys, TV and running around my big dude did not let go of the fact that Gamma went potty and she'd be back soon. HA!!!
Other stories include: Tegan telling his Daddy this morning that he can have "ice cream after dinner" -- something I explained to him 2 weeks ago, "Daddy work hard. Make money" -- not sure where he got that one but if he's not sure where Daddy is that's one of the 2 explanations he'll give me... that or "Daddy go biking." I'll have to get a video of him saying these too, because he gets the most determined, matter-of-fact and convincing look on his face all while nodding and tilting his head to the side just a bit and looking down, just in the slightest (see the photo above for a sample of this face in still-image format). Oh, my big boy! He melts my heart! He will definitely be a life saver, someday, when I'm at the grocery store and have forgotten my list of what to buy... he'll remember it all. HA!
Totally switching subjects:
This past weekend we went to Janesville, WI (about 40 min outside of Madison) to visit Brendan's family and meet our new nephew, Andrew, who was born the day after Ty. I found myself tearing up frequently as Tegan was SO interested in Andrew, wanted to give him endless kisses and hugs, and studied him often. He was just SO enthralled with this little being that he knew as was a baby named Andrew, which he pronounced as "An-dew". He already is a wonderful big brother to Ty. He knows that Ty is part of our family, points out his pictures daily, explains that the baby in them is Ty and has even occasionally also called him "bru-dur". He knows where Ty's room is if you ask and knows that the crib is no longer his bed but rather Ty's bed. So, so sweet and innocent. I just wish Ty was here to enjoy all the lovin' that T has to offer him. I'm sure T will continue to be this amazing of a big brother to the siblings that we hope and pray that God blesses him with. I am so proud of my big-little guy. A heart of gold, I tell you, even though sometimes it needs a little reminding ;)

OK... all for now, I've got more stories to share but this post has grown long enough for tonight. Take care and God bless!
Love to all!
~j

No comments: