Wednesday, July 19, 2006

(: The Nursery Has Begun to Take Shape :)


Well, I "ran" (drove) over to the Once Upon A Child across the street yesterday to see what fun new things they've got in and... they got in a crib just like what we/I've been looking at. It's a sleigh bed style crib, natural wood color, real wood, very easy to assemble, AND it becomes a full size bed when baby out grows it... or the last baby to use it out-grows it. :) Originally $400, I got it for $189 and then because I spend over $200 (after taxes and I got some kids books, too) I was able to save 15% on my next purchase, which was the mattress. SO, for less than $300 I bought a convertible crib and mattress. SO excited! I figure since we are just a few days away from being 3 months, it's safe to start buying some big stuff.

Still need a glider and otoman. Sorry, Dad, but the old brown chair that survived your office, me and my queesy stomach when I was little, 4 years in un-climate controlled Madison apartments (including a summer in a musty basement) and the past 2 years here in our house just isn't ideal, and, probably should have been thrown or recovered years ago. :) Also, a bassinet/cradle and changing table.

Feeling ok so far today, it's 8 am now, and yesterday was pretty darn good... a bit nauseaus last night, though. Slept pretty solid from 9:30 or 10 last night until 7:30 this morning. The only thing able to rise me was, you guessed it, my bladder. :) Thanks for reading...
~j

No comments: