Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What a belly!!!


Well, my students are now including my belly in their pictures they draw of me. I wish I scanned in one from today. The kids were "decorating" pumpkins (coloring a picture and adding the face if desired) and one student decided that I was standing under the pumpkin. All he drew was a head with a sad face (not sure why) and then a big circle that he said was my "bump" and then pointed to my stomach. It was beyond cute! A 2nd grader asked me yesterday if I am "pregnant", if it's my "first child" and if I knew whether it was a boy or girl. Her genuine interest and intrigue told me she must be from a large family... her teacher confirmed that she is one of several kids :)

Well, the diaper bag arrived and I LOVE IT! The ironic thing is that I commented to Brendan the other day that I saw a Coach bag at Marshalls that I liked and would make a good diaper bag (though now that I think back, it was a bit small... maybe a good bag for a quick trip to a friends place or lunch) but the bag was still about $150 which, for me, is too much for something you put diapers (and sometimes poopy diapers) in. When I showed Brendan the one I ordered tonight he "confessed" that he was going to go buy the Coach bag to surprise me, but didn't know if I had ordered the one I found online. Instead of asking me, he checked my blog so as to not seem suspicious. :) I told him it was the thought that counts and that truly I don't need a Coach bag to be used for a diaper bag. He said it was something I could use for more than a diaper bag, but still, I insisted that the brown one I ordered is just fine and I really do LOVE it :) What a great husband!!!

Well, nothing new on the baby front except s/he is growing. My belly was really sore this afternoon at school; I could feel it stretching. That's not very fun, but I do love feeling baby movin around. So neat! Speaking of... there s/he goes :)
~jen & baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jen..this is Katie Alice's daughter. Your mom told us about your blog. I just wanted to say congratulations and you look great. Everyone always told me I looked like I had a basketball underneath my shirt, you do to! You look so cute pregnant. I understand all the aches and pains..and even the boob part. Trust me, they never go back to the way they were unfortunately. If you have any questions about baby or pregnancy I'm always here to ask. Just email me fullmoon03@aol.com I love seeing your belly pictures. I hope you don't mind us looking at them and commenting. Congratulations again!!