Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Springtime Fun!

Before I get into the Springtime fun... I'll backtrack to several posts ago - I left a reminder of 2 stories to share - one being that from IKEA (which I already shared about) and the other being of Captain Tegan... how did I forget about Captain Tegan. I took me looking back at my post to remember what it was I was going to write about (other than IKEA that is... I could never really forget Captain Tegan as he's nearly a nightly visitor at our house). Captain Tegan is who Tegan becomes after his bathtime... there will be no pics of Captain Tegan on here as that'd be inappropriate 'cause Captain Tegan only wears his birthday suit. :) Here's a few precursors of the Cap'n though :)


WOW! Can you believe it? I sure CAN! Thank GOD the end of school is only 6 days away. YAHOO! I'm pretty sure Tegan can sense the approach of summer, too. We have the hose out almost nightly and he sure does LOVE it - as soon as we turn it off the smiles and laughs turn to this along with the announcement of "I need the hoses!" How did this kiddo learn that when you really want something you tell people that you need it and they might take you more seriously. Oh boy! I'm not so sure Tegan's friends like the hose like T does, though. Poor Alex...
At least they've been playing relatively well together :)

Another aspect of parenthood we've been able to enjoy more-so over the recent months is the phenomenon of Saturday morning cartoons... the phenomenon being how they are so entrancing to our little ones and allow us mommies and daddies to zone out and/or do our own thing for a while before we really get the day started.
Then there are the choo-choos that distract T during the commercials... And the shows back on :)
As I post this I cannot forget what today marks - 4 months ago our precious Ty was called to heaven... 4 months... 1/3 of a year... it's amazing how quickly time passes (even though at times it seems to be crawling along at a snails pace). What is even more amazing is the power and grace of our Lord who is the source of our healing. Yes, they say time is the only healer, but only when we are given that time by our gracious God. I want to take this time - right now - to thank all of you who continue to pray for our family, our healing and the peace that we can only be given through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Please keep the prayers coming... or going to Him, that is :) Know that each of you is in our hearts and our prayers, too. Even if we've never met or don't know that you are there/here supporting us in our journey... we pray for everyone whose lives we have touched and who have touched ours in return. Thank you and God bless you!
Love to all,
~jenn (and family)
P.S. I know I didn't post anything on here about the fabulous Memorial Day weekend that we got to spend with Brendan's side of the family... I (who am convinced that Ty took 1/2 my brain with him to heaven) forgot to bring a camera (any camera) to Rochester... so all of the weekend's photos are currently on Brendan's mom's or sisters' cameras. I'll get some in a few weeks when we visit them again for our nephew Andrew's baptism. :) Thanks for being patient.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Crazy that it's been four months isn't it? Tegan is so precious! His little zoned out eyes! I loved the pic's!