Monday, August 17, 2009

Due... for an Update :)

As always (do I always start my posts like this now?) it's been way too long since my last post. I honestly don't even remember when it was without checking... 2 weeks ago, geez. Well, we've had a busy 2 weeks. Let's see, so much I think I'll just do a list:
- T taking the bottle to feed the baby [doll] and filling it with water from his water bottle and drinking it from the baby bottle
- another trip to the St. Louis Park splash pad (with a friend this time)
- a long visit up to G'ma and Papa Eastwood's house (stayed 2 nights, just T and I)
- running through the sprinklers with Papa
- T eating a dog biscuit at G'ma and Papa's house (at least it was organic and had people food ingredients, I guess)
- lots of trips to parks (neighborhood park and a few others nearby)
- discovering another water pad/play area thanks to a coworker/friend
- swimming with out-of-town friends at their hotel pool
- lunch out with a long time friend
- picnics in the front yard (just T and I, so fun!)
- 2 more MN series bike races for Daddy, T and I only made it to 1 of them, though
- Tegan booty-dancing to Britney Spears (was on the ipod) in his booster chair while eating his snack/lunch one day. SO funny!
- a breakthrough with playdoh (T used to hate to touch the "snakes" aka long skinny snakey creations we'd make, but today I showed him how they could also be bracelets and he was thrilled to wear one and be "beautiful" HAHAHA!
- feeling Baby kick more frequently, even a few times through the belly and felt it with my hand!
- nearing 17 weeks pregnant... closing in on the 1/2 way point. We get to find out the sex of the baby in less than 2 weeks, SO excited!
- geez, I'm drawing a blank already but I know there's more to share.
Funny story: T and I were driving to our playdate yesterday...
T: Mommy, that truck is going the wrong way. Where is it going?
Me: It's is driving on another busy road (that's what T calls freeways/highways). It's on the road called 494 and we are on the busy road called 169.
T: Oh yeah, we are on the 6-pack road. :)
No CLUE where he learned about 6-packs. I never talk about them and I haven't heard Brendan talk about them either. Tegan does think that everything that comes in a bottle that you drink is beer, though. Thankfully the kid took a swig once when we weren't looking and hated it, so he won't drink it. He'll smell it, though, and then tell you with a big grin like he did something silly and wrong, "I smellt your beer!" HA!

Sweet story: Another conversation we had in the car (I think that's where T does his thinking... in the car and stroller)
T: Mommy, where is Ty?
Me: You tell me, where is Ty?
T: He's in Heaven. We should go there - on a vacation and visit him, Mommy.
Thank God we were pulling into our neighborhood because it was hard not to burst into tears, my Tegan is so darn sweet!

Almost peed my pants laughing from this experience today: Tegan disappeared into my bathroom and I then heard him go into our shower (which he often does and then squeegees the walls... I'm fine with that). A few minutes later he emerges with (guys you might want to stop here) a travel-sized tampon (in it's wrapper, which has no markings, just a yellow wrapper) and tells me he wants it.
Me: Tegan, why do you want this? What do you think it is?
T: CANDY! I wanna eat it!
Me: Tegan, sweetie, that's not candy. Um... (trying to think how to explain without really explaining that it's not only not candy but definitely not something you put anywhere near your mouth?!) that's something special for grown up girls. I'm sorry, but it's really not candy.
T: I want the candy!
I finally opened the wrapper to show Tegan enough to see that it's not candy. I thought I had put all that stuff away, but I guess not.
OK, switching gears - - - I know I didn't post anything at the time, but I'm sure many of you were thinking about it (I got a few emails) and I know I did/do... it's hard to believe it's been over 6 months since Ty... (I always struggle with wording this) went to heaven. I guess that's the most simple and truthful way of putting it. I think of him CONSTANTLY and have even cried a few times in the past few weeks, which I hadn't in months. I now go and look at our pictures of him often because it's come to the point that I have to remind myself that he really did "happen" he existed and wasn't just a bad dream (not that Ty was a bad dream, but the whole experience of "losing" him. Hope you know/understand what I'm trying to say). It just almost seems like I was never pregnant with him and the last year almost just never happened... it's hard to explain I guess. I wouldn't call it denial by any means, but it's just weird. Tegan talking about him often helps.

OK - all for tonight. If I think of any more Tegan quotes or stories I'll post them. Hope you enjoyed the stories and pics. Love to all!
~j

2 comments:

Elyse said...

LOVE this update Jenn! Glad your week(s) have been filled with humor, laughter, and fun events!
~Elyse

kristofer and ivy said...

CRAZY what comes out of their mouths sometimes, isn't it??

I hear ya' about the bad dream - nothing will ever make up for losing Ty or take his place. You can't snuggle him in your arms, but you carry him in your heart always. And I believe you WILL visit him someday!

.ivy