Friday, August 28, 2009

Time to Go Shopping!

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, we are having a GIRL (or as Tegan say "grill"). HA! This morning we got to see just about as much of our baby as one can see via ultrasound at this point... and all looks fabulous. What an answer to prayers! Yes, I'm elated to be having a little girl to dress and pretty-up and stuff, but we were most concerned that all was physically well with our latest "addition" so we are singing praises to God that all is well. Based on measurements our little princess is approx. 8 oz (or half a pound) and measuring a day smaller than what the due date is. Isn't it amazing how they can tell all this?!

One bummer is that the placenta has "decided" to grow on the front wall of my uterus, which makes it much more difficult for me to feel her movement, which will cause further worry down the road I'm sure, since that's what clued me in that something wasn't right with Ty. I have still been feeling movement, but not as much as I did a few weeks ago, so I should have figured that this was the case. I may just have to convince Brendan that we need to rent a fetal heart monitor for the last few months of pregnancy just to help ease my mind on days that I don't feel as much movement. We'll see...

All along when we ask Tegan if he's having a sister or brother he'll immediately respond with "sister." When I told Tegan today that there's a little girl in Mommy's tummy he said, "No Mommy, it's a boy. I'm having a sister." HA! I won't go into detail, but we then had a short discussion about how girls have different parts than boys and the new little baby will have different parts than him [Tegan] which is what makes her a girl... Maybe my mom should bring the girl baby doll down next time so that T can take a look (he already disrobes our boy baby doll to check out his parts whenever he has the chance). ;)

OK - I'll do my best to scan in the U/S pics, but that won't get done until next week when I'm back at work and have access to the scanner there.

Love to all!
~jenn

5 comments:

susie said...

I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you! Been checking the blog all day to see what you were having. Have been praying for a healthy baby girl!!!! Yipeeee
Susie

Kimberly said...

Woo hoo!! A healthy baby girl, what a blessing! xo

Mindy said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!! I voted "girl" :-) Congrats!!!

Elyse said...

SOOO EXCITED for you guys!!! Plus the cherry bg kind of made me think this before I read this post :)
~Elyse

Anonymous said...

I knew it was a girl! Congrats!

Becky and Charly