Monday, August 03, 2009

Splash Pad + Tegan = Free Fun!

I took Tegan to the Splash Pad in St. Louis Park today. A coworker had told me about it and that it's free so I thought T and I'd check it out. I've felt like a pretty bum mom all summer being sick and tired from the pregnancy so I thought I'd try to make this last month of summer vacation fun for Tegan now that I feel pretty good most days.

Well, T wanted to play at the neighboring park first, so we did that. It had several bridges (which he LOVES) so he played there for about 30 min or so and then I convinced him to go sit in the water park area and just watch (he was hesitant because of all the spraying and splashing... my little neat freak who doesn't like getting wet/dirty most days).

After about 5 min of sitting he decided we should "go try it". I quickly changed him into his swim diaper and trunks and away we went.

It took about 15 min or so for him to warm up to doing anything other than touching the water with his feet or hands but once he saw the other kiddos running through it and having a blast he decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Before I knew it he was running back and forth through the sprayers that spray from the floor/ground and then he was going over and "dunking" his head into the ones that spray from above - this from my little boy who screams ever night at bath time when we have to wash his hair and face. HA! For some reason the audio on the movie isn't uploading right, but it's not important... just don't be surprised when all you hear is weird clicking. :)

I only had my phone with me since our camera battery was dead, so I got limited photos and a low quality video, but still - you can see the fun he's having :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and it's sunny and warm by you like it is by us :)

Love to all!
~j

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I saw your Facebook post, I took B there yesterday. :) He had a blast, too! How nice to have a fun water option that's FREE, with no deep end, and a playground across the lawn! :)

Melissa said...

There is another splash pad in Apple Valley called Kelly Park which is fun (also has a playground). Have you ever been to Nicollet Commons in Burnsville? Another great area with water stuff-I never know what to call it because it is not your typical splash pad but has the water that shoots up from the ground and then little creeks that run with about 1/2 inch of water in them-super fun! My kids still love going there! Maybe we could meet sometime :)

Wolfe Family said...

Jenn,

Thank you for your kind words and your thoughtful comments. After all you've been through, your sweet comforting words are a treasure. Thank you so much for your love.

Sarah