Wednesday, November 29, 2006

10 weeks to go...


Well, I've made it to 30 weeks! YAY! The Braxton Hicks (practice) contractions has begun and at my check-up yesterday the midwife said that as long as they aren't painful, regulated (i.e. every 10 min) or accompanied by my water breaking all should be fine.

The Baby is also VERY active. Midwife suggested I count how many times baby moves within an hour and make sure I'm getting to 10 movements in that time. I responded by letting her know that it would only take me a matter of minutes to count 10 movements. She just laughed.

Baby has actually been pretty subdued tonight; I'm assuming because I've been so busy all evening cooking dinner, baking up another batch of Butterscotch-Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal cookies, cleaning up from all that and just doing stuff around the house. Now that I've eaten (including 2 sample cookies) and am "relaxing" s/he'll probably get moving like s/he did all day! I had Brendan feel my stomach last night as we laid in bed to see how crazy busy baby gets at bedtime and, needless to say, he was in awe. Now if I can just figure out how to get this kid to stop kicking/punching/elbowing me in my unmentionable area I'll be much happier. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited that this kid is already becoming an athelete, I just wish that it wasn't so painful, at times, for me.

What else to share... to be honest I was a bit worried that I'd get scolded for the amount of weight I'd gained between my last appointment about 5 weeks ago and now, but the midwife was glad to see that I'm gaining weight and said that it's obviously, for the most part, all in my belly, so nothing be concerned about as long as I'm eating relatively healthfully.

Well, I think that's all for now... send questions my way if I missed anything you've been wondering about. As of today Bri has not had her baby yet, so whether Baby Moore will have a boy or girl cousin waiting for him/her is still unknown.
Thanks for reading...
~jen & baby m

2 comments:

Haley Elizabeth said...

I was just curious what the heart beat for the baby was the last time you went to the doctor?
You look great!

Jenn said...

Katie,
The heartrate was "in the 140's," so said the midwife. I'm thinking it is now normally in the 130's since I had my glucose test that day and baby was going NUTS! Looking more and more like a boy based on the heartrate.
~jen