Tuesday, November 14, 2006

28 Weeks = 3rd Trimester


Well, I'm officially in the home stretch... the 3rd Trimester! YAY! Less than 3 months to go and I can't wait!

Many of you have been on me about posting a new photo on here. Well, as many of you know, Mr. Brendan (my baby's daddy) is currently over seas in Thailand for business, so there's no one here to take any quality pictures. Well, here's that I got by myself with my less than excellent camera. I've been having a lot of problems with my battery lasting and I don't know how, but it seems to be affecting the quality of the pictures as well... or it could just be that the pictures are at such a distance that the flash isn't doing it's job. Who knows?!

What else to share? Well, I went the first week or so after my last check up without gaining any weight and now I'm back up. Let me tell you, it's somehow tough to only gain 1 pound per week. I'm always hungry! I am doing a pretty darn good job of at least eating relatively healthy food when I am hungry, but HEY... I'm pregnant. One of the few times in my life that I'm allowed to give in to cravings, right? There were chocolate covered peanutbutter rice krispie bars in the lounge after school and I DID restrain myself! How good is that?

Other news is that I'm really starting to experience a good deal of back pain. No Fun! I need a good back rub, but those are hard to come by when all you've got around are 2 lazy cats. Even the fat one (Madison...14.5 pounds!) couldn't do anything by walking on it :) Then there's the problem of when Brendan does get home that I can't lay on my stomach which is the best way for me to totally relax. OH well!

Ok, all for today. Love to all!
~jen & baby m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really funny I have the same problem with my camera. The batteries NEVER last. You look so cute! DON'T worry about the weight gain. Everyone is different and it defintely depends on how big your baby is to. I gained like 42 lbs. You know the average is 25-35 lbs. I had a almost 9 lb baby. You indulge in whatever you want to. It won't hurt you or the baby. You are naturally thin and will defintely go back down to your normal size. Eat whatever you want! It's good for you and the baby!! :) Your are exactly right this is one of the only times you get to eat whatever you want. Your eating for two you know!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! Brendan's cousin Mat's wife Jodi here. We heard you were blogging your pregnancy. How neat! I wanted to let you in on a most excellent pregnancy secret: most massage places have what's called a "Prego Pillow". It is as close to heaven you can find in the third trimester. The special pillow allows you to lie face down and take pressure off your back while getting a wonderful massage. Trust me - you'll want to book at least an hour! Also, have you tried swimming yet? It feels great to take the gravity off your body. Good luck - you're in the home stretch now!