Monday, November 20, 2006

29 weeks = stomach flu :(


Well, I slept pretty well last night, finally. I could tell this morning cause whenever I hit my snooze it seemed like my alarm was going off 30 seconds later instead of 15 min, but sure enough the 15 min had passed. I got up, had 2 packets of oatmeal for a nice warm and healthy breakfast, got dressed and ready and headed off to work.

Well, the good feelin was short lived. about 10 min before kids were supposed to arrive I suddenly began to feel REALLY hot and nauseaus. Despite the 20 degree temp outside I opened the window in my classroom and still couldn't cool off. I went and bought a bottle of cold water and still nothing better. On the way to go get the kids from the bus I barely made it to the bathroom and then again during the "Morning Meeting" I had to have my teacher aid/paraprofessional take over as I darted to the bathroom again. BLAH!

I called down to the office and they did their best to find me a sub (just going down the list and calling subs) and the nurse and then the school social worker came in to cover while I tried to quickly type up some notes and get everything "organized."

You'd think I would have felt this coming on but not even a hint that I'd be sick. I don't remember ever having the flu before, maybe once when I was 5 or 6, but otherwise I don't think so. NO FUN! The big belly doesn't make it easier, either!

Well, I mustered up a smile for the pic above... yet another pic take with the self-timer, so don't complain if it's not that great. Have a Fantastic Thanksgiving! Brendan returns Wednesday morning, so that's what I'm most thankful for!
Love to all!
~j & baby m

No comments: