Friday, April 06, 2007

Mr. Stubborn

SO... Tegan decided around 4am today that he didn't want to go back to bed (after his 3:30 feeding). He'd sleep for 15 min and then wake up crying. I'd let him go for 5 min or so to see if it was just him passing through 2 phases of sleep but, no, he just didn't want to sleep. So, I'd go give him his pacifier (which he'd spit out), rub his tummy for a minute and then go back to bed...15 minutes later it started over. I let this go on for about an hour (so about 3-4 rounds) and finally brought him into bed with Brendan and I. He basically continued the routine but with 20-30 min intervals between crying/fussing. OK, so whatever... I actually think I slept through a little of it and was able to soothe him in my sleep. 6:57am came and there was no more soothing the situation--> it was time to get up. I was ok with this, it was time for his 7am feeding. Well, it's now 12:45pm and Mr. T is finally asleep for the FIRST time since then. I tried putting him down around 8:30 and he snoozed for maybe 5 minutes... no longer. Then, I again tried at 11:30 after his 10am feeding... no dice there, either. Then, at noon he decided it was time for his next feeding (though it wasn't due til 1pm). Well, he took 3/4 of the bottle and there was no getting him to take anymore. 20 more minutes of fussing and he is finally asleep, though not where I'd like him to be, which is in his crib. He's down here in his vibrating bouncy chair (which we LOVE because it is so soothing to him). I really want to try to take him upstairs and put him in his bed, but I fear that if I do he'll wake up and we'll start back at square 1. Having said all this... it's so hard to get upset with him, he's so darn cute! :)
Still love being a mommy and plan on doing it 2 more times (3 if I have my way). Enjoy the latest pictures!
~j

No comments: