Saturday, April 28, 2007

Back to Work!!!


Tegan playing in the baby shade/travel bed tent Auntie Jessica and Cousin Eli let us borrow :)

Sorry it has been so long (what, nearly a week?) inbetween posts... this past week was my first back at work and though it went relatively well I had less time to do things such as post updates on the blog. :)

Being serious :)

I expected that leaving Tegan for the first time for an entire day would be tough, but thankfully it wasn't. Good for me but not so great for my mom was that fateful time and the reason I say good for me is because Tegan was NOT a happy camper, a.k.a. it was nap time and he didn't want anything to do with that!

Getting tired after a long time under his play-gym


Right now my mom is playing the part of daycare provider/in-home nanny, so that's wonderful for us and her! Tegan really seems to be enjoying his time with Grandma Eastwood who has been taking him on daily walks and talking his ears off :)

Another picture from enjoying the baby tent/travel bed

I'm glad, though, that there are only 4 weeks of work left for me this year until I have 3 months off. I welcome this short break from being full-time mommy while I wrap things up for the year at school, but do miss Tegan a lot during the day!


Tegan, again, playing in his tent... note that it's him moving, not the camera (the tent is in focus) :)


Tegan and I have also been enjoying a lot of runs together. He actually stayed awake for an entire run this past Thursday, which he's never done. We think it's because he only needs/takes 2 long naps a day now as opposed to the 3-4 shorter ones he had been taking prior to my return to work.

Tegan playing with one of his new 'Oballs'... (the other one is 2x the size of the one pictured)

Starting today I'm trying a new schedule of having him take a nap from 10/10:30-Noon and then an afternoon nap, though I'm not sure when that should be. It seems like a 4:30-6p.m. would be too late and not really logical, but I don't know. I'll have to ask neighboring moms their opinions. Today I think I'm going to try to put him down at that time, though, for his p.m. nap or earlier if he's ready. We'll see... I'll let 'ya know :)

Thanks for reading and get out and enjoy the weather! :)

~jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! He is getting so big! Just wanted to share my two cents on the nap thing. When I worked at the infant/toddler family daycare in Madison, our little ones Tegan's age usually napped from about 9:30 or 10 until 11:30 and again from 2-4ish. I'm not sure what time they were getting to bed at night (maybe 7ish??) but parents seemed to be really pleased with the schedule we had the babies on. :)

Mindy

Anonymous said...

T is looking good in his tent. he'll get a lot of use out of it when you two are cheering T's Dada on this Summer! I love all the pictures... and i'm so glad that your first week back at work was good and that the transition went as well as could be expected.
love,
jess