Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Maybe a New Bed & the Old Room???

To put it simply: there hasn't been much sleeping happening at our house the past few days. Tegan hasn't been sleeping well and Brendan and I haven't really been sleeping much since we got back from our vacation because of that. (as you read, keep in mind that Tegan's current bed is a set of twin size bunk beds that Brendan's dad made about 30 years ago for Brendan... to put it bluntly, they are VERY heavy and hard to move)

Well...On the way home from school today I decided to stop at Once Upon a Child and see what they had (toys, clothes, etc.) and I saw a really cute wooden IKEA toddler bed . Then I realized that it was pretty small and looked like it might require a special IKEA mattress or at least an extra thin mattress, neither of which we own and it only had one side-rail AND it was $50, which I thought was a bit much, especially since it's used and IKEA (which is known for being cheap). Then, a few minutes later I randomly looked up and saw (prepare for angels singing) a regular sized toddler bed with "diggers" or "bulldozers" on the headboard and side-rails on BOTH sides. The side-rails on the "digger" or "bulldozer" bed were taller too, so they'd accommodate a crib sized mattress (which we have and obviously aren't using anytime soon for a baby). Then I saw the price: $35!!! AWESOME! SO, I grabbed Tegan from the toy area and brought him over to look at it. Of course a smile swept across his face and he says (in awe) "digger bed, Mommy. Bulldozer!" I'm sure you can guess my next move - I bought the bed. The store has a 7 day return policy as long as I keep my receipt (which I'll obviously do) and so we've got 7 days to see if this helps with out sleep situation. I also set the bed up in the nursery (which Tegan already calls his room again - correction, he calls it "Tegan - Ty's room". We're thinking having him across the hall from us might help him sleep better, too. OH, and did I mention the bed was already assembled?

OK, I won't delay any longer... Presenting Tegan's "New" Big Boy bed that is just for him (because if Mommy or Daddy sit or lay on it it will break - SCORE!) Tegan refuses to pose on his new bed, but maybe we'll get another pic at bedtime tonight... we'll see. He also decided that the comforter that is from the crib bedding I had bought for Ty should instead be his, which I'm fine with. It's got rockets on it (so doesn't exactly "go" with the bulldozers on the headboard, but whatever) so it's up his alley :)

Pray for a good night's sleep for all 3 of us!!!
Love to all!
~jenn

No comments: