Wednesday, January 10, 2007

28 Days to go...

Well, today was the 4 week mark, 28 days til D-day... Due day that is. I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and I will now be going in weekly for check-ups. It was the first time the midwife gave me my "stats" as they are called. Basically, your belly measurement in centimeters should approximately equal the number of weeks pregnant you are once you're into the 2nd trimester. Well, at 34 weeks my measurement was 34cm... right on schedule. At 36 weeks it was 37cm. So technically I'm now measuring a little ahead of schedule, but it could all depend on how baby was positioned, too.

Baby's heartrate was 152, so back up a little, but it's been hovering right around 150 for the past several appointments... very healthy.

Baby is also still head-down, specifically head ON BLADDER! She also pointed out a foot to me, so that was neat to know what I thought was either a foot or a knee really was one of those! Baby sure does like showing off his/her feet to Mom... not the most comfortable experience, let me tell ya!

Lastly, I've gained just over 30 pounds, exactly where 'they' [the dr.'s and midwives] want me to be.

So, everything is looking great.

The midwife made 2 statements that I keep at the front of my mind: 1) I've only got 1 week to go and then baby is 'welcome to come any time' and 2) the hospital cafeteria has 'AMAZING' belgian waffles. :) She too had gestational diabetes, so she understands my frustrations with not being able to indulge in such wonderful but carb-filled deliciousness. :) Brendan knows that as soon as this baby comes and the waffles are ready they are to be sitting in front of me with an unlimited supply of syrup! :) HA!

Well, all for now... sorry no pics. Just look at last week's pic and add a little fullness to the belly! There's no longer a basketball under there... I think it got traded for a large beachball! :)

Love to all!
~jenn

No comments: