Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Ripe"


That's what the midwife called me at my appointment today... "RIPE!" She couldn't emphasize it enough! The next thing she said was the she'd be surprised if she DIDN'T see me this weekend (delivering that is, and she's the midwife on call this weekend, so she'd be the one delivering my baby).

I'm officially 38 weeks pregnant, 2 weeks til due date. Here's the latest stats:
3+ cm dialated (probably 4, but she said she'd be conservative and say 3+)
70-80% effacement (thinned out)
-1 station (I think she confirmed that... basically baby is right on top of my cervix.)
She (the midwife) was TOUCHING Baby's head and pushing on it. I could feel the baby moving up and down as she pushed the head. CRAZY!!!
My Group B Strep test came back positive, so that just means that once I go into labor or my water breaks (whichever happens first) I need to be put on antibiotics to prevent baby from contracting it because it's very dangerous to baby. I don't know if this has anything to do with that, but I've had strep throat MANY, MANY times since I've started teaching, so I wonder if I'm just a carrier now. Anyways, a prayer request would be that all goes as expected with getting the antibiotics started when necessary to prevent baby contracting that. Thanks!

On the school front all with the sub is ready to go. YAY! The kids not only LOVE her but are prepared and aware that Mrs. Moore might not show up for school soon and if/when that happens it's because Baby came. They are all beyond excited. Here's the stats for the kids' predictions: Total Students = 30 Total girls = 9 Total boys = 21
20 boys predict boy.... 1 boy predicts it's a girl :)
ALL girls think it's a girl
They are too cute! :)

Well, I think that's it. Hopefully we'll have some VERY exciting news within the next few days. Love to all!!!
~jen

1 comment:

Haley Elizabeth said...

Hi, I just wanted to stay good luck and you'll do great. Once your water breaks (if it breaks at home) it will be the weirdest thing you'll ever experience. I love all your pictures and the nursery looks great. I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby. I'm guess it's a boy! :) Do you have any names picked our for boy or girl?