Thursday, January 18, 2007

Progress...

Well, I had my weekly appointment this morning and things are progressing well. I also ended up spending the afternoon at the hospital because I was having lots of regular contractions much of the morning and through lunch, so they wanted to monitor me. Well, after a few hours of sitting and an hour of walking, determining that my water had not broken and no change in my cervix they decided to send me home, despite the continued contractions. So, here I am, sitting on my couch, breathing through my contractions and ready for bed. Even though they aren't super painful at all they are tiring!

So... here's the stats:
Baby's heartrate hovers between 135 & 145bpm
I am 3cm dialted and 70% effaced (however it's spelled... it means that my cervix has thinned out 70%). So that's all good and grand and great but let me tell you... these contractions aren't slowing down or lessening in intensity, so I'm ready for the real deal and to have this baby in my arms!!! We'll keep you updated as things progress.
~j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're in labor and will have the baby in the next few days?? (Sorry- I don't know anything about having a baby!)

Are you still working or did you take your leave already? How long will you take off for maternity leave?

Can't wait to hear your great news!!!

Mindy

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you two (three) Jens... did they have any guess as to how long they'd expect you to go on like this? Could the contractions stop - or is it just a moving train at this point??

I'm SOOOO excited!!! oiy!!
Love,
Jess