Sunday, July 15, 2007

1 Couch & 4 Generations

Well, yesterday around 7 a.m. we packed up the car and headed down to Mt. Pleasant, Iowa to visit Tegans great-grandparents, a.k.a. Brendan's paternal grandparents. About 5 hours later we finally arrived, but not quickly enough for Tegan's liking. :) Thankfully, though, Brendan and I split the driving, so Tegan was able to look at a new face just about when he was ready for a change. Don't get me wrong, though, Tegan is a pretty darn good traveler, especially compared to other babies (which I won't name) who I've heard some not so fun stories about.
Not a whole lot to say other than we really enjoyed our time with the great-g'parents, short, but nice. AND, I'm pretty darn sure meeting and spending some time with Tegan made their day (if not their week or month)!
Oh, and on our way home, we found out that Tegan likes Wendy's frosties and ketchup, though he wasn't so sure on french fries (which I think is a good thing). Also, he seems to really like cantaloupe (Brendan let him suck on some for a while) and hard bread sticks are a GREAT way to hold a baby's attention for a good long time! :) We didn't have the camera with us, though for those fun 1sts... maybe another time.
Love to all!
~jenn

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ahhh...I'll bet the great grandparents LOVED having Tegan there. The pictures are priceless.

Thanks for the responses to my blog. Yep, Debbie Manes from the School of Ed. is getting married in October. I'm a bridesmaid and I'm a little nervous about how my dress will fit. I ordered it 2 sizes larger than I'd typically need, plus I ordered extra fabric so hopefully I'll be okay.

I'll tell her you said congrats :)