Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gotta Love Those Baby Blues

Just a few fun pics I have taken recently of Tegan. I thought they really highlighted his beautiful blue eyes... Many of you have asked in passing where Tegan got his eye color. Here's what I know. My dad has blue eyes. I had blue eyes until I was 5 or 6 years old (from what I remember). Brendan's sisters both have blue eyes. That's what I know.
In other news, Tegan is getting better and better at sitting relatively unassisted. He still topples over eventually, sooner than later still, but hey, he's getting closer to sitting independently. YAY! Sleeping is very erratic lately, Tegans and subsequently my own. Some nights he'll only wake up a 2 or 3 times and other nights (like last night) he's up more than that... I stop counting after 5 times. I don't know if it's teething, growing, being hot, cold, wet... who knows. We put him in the Pampers Baby Dry diapers, so he's not peeing through his diapers, though they are soaked when he wakes up. Any suggestions, as always, are welcome.
Love to all!
~jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggestions? I wish I had one or some for you, Jens... but I've not a one. As far as encouragement, I can say that it does get better and better -- but it's so hard while going through it. It's pretty miserable being constantly sleep deprived. Your babe looks so great though -- those are baby blues that would've made Frank Sinatra jealous! Keep up the great work, girl... you're doing an awesome job!
Love, Jess

Laura said...

He is sooo cute! I laughed and cried thinking of how I wanted to pinch some of that baby fat- it's just so beautiful. The only baby fat left on Steven is on his thighs- they start to lose it all when they crawl/walk so enjoy it now. =) Funny, we have the same problem with the peeing through diapers. We have always used Pampers Swaddlers and now Cruisers because it does the best job holding it all in at night(the absorbant cloth covers more area, I guess). They've worked well until a few weeks ago so I'm stumped. I did finally decide to buy the next size up even though they come up pretty high on him and that's worked well this week. So that's my only suggestion- pass any on to me if you have any.