Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cheerios

Well, it's been about a week since my last post, so I figured I'd update everyone on what's been going on in Tegan's life. :)
Yesterday I gave Tegan his first try of Cheerios. He enjoyed moving them around on the tray of his highchair for a good 10 minutes or so and even grabbed a few with his fist, but not with his thumb and forefinger yet. I'm in awe of how intensely focused Tegan was with picking up the Cheerios... he was definitely getting frustrated towards the end after he couldn't get one from the tray to his mouth by himself. I finally took one and offered it to him and he immediately opened his mouth up wide...once the cheerio was in there, though, he wasn't quite sure what to do with it and then it started to gag him, though I think it was just his natural reflex to something solid like that sitting on his tongue. So, I swiped it out and that was that. I'll give it a try again another day.

After breakfast I decided it was time for us to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Eastwood... it had been a while since we went up there and yesterday seemed like a good day. Daddy wasn't going to be home until 7 or later because of biking after work so I knew I wouldn't have to try to beat rush hour traffic on the way home. Tegan really had a fun time with Grandma E. They were singing and talking and doing all sorts of fun things. Grandma even road her bike along side T and I on 'our' run, which we (really I) really appreciated to help take my mind off of how flippin' windy it was! MAN! I thought that we were going to be blown off the sidewalk. CRAZY!
I really wanted to share this picture because it is my new favorite picture of my mom...even though it's a bit blurry, I think it is still SO neat. Grannyhood (if that's a word, we'll assume it is) really suits her well! She's just radiant!
This picture displays Tegan in his new outfit...size 6-9 months! Did I mention in my last post about Tegan's size? I don't think so. Well, he was weighed when he went to the doctor for what we thought was an ear infection and the kid just won't stop growing! 19 lbs!!! No wonder my back is getting more and more sore each night! At least he's tall/long, too. That's why I had to buy some bigger outfits. The 3-6 month outfits are too short and I can't snap most of them in the crotch any more... Brendan and I both have long torsos, though, so the T-man was basically guaranteed to have the same.
OK, long enough post. Hopefully we'll get to have a play date with our friend Abbie sometime in the next week or so... maybe we'll go to the zoo or conservatory or something fun like that. I don't know about her, but Tegan LOVES nature...trees, flowers, grass,bushes/shrubs... nature. It'd also give her mommy something to blog about since she hasn't updated her blog in a while either. :)
Love to all!
~j

1 comment:

Room 307 said...

HAHAHA, nice ending comment... okay, I so have an excuse, I don't have the cord that connects the camera to the computer... cuz I'm HERE not at home = ) hehe, can't wait for our playdate, that would be fun to go to the conservatory, we could get GREAT pics, of them both together, how cute would that be??? = ) Love ya-
Jenn