Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Not So Sweet Week

Well... it's been a long and icky week here at the Moore household. Whatever bug or virus or whatever we've had is nasty and we're finally turning the corner. It all started Sunday with Tegan throwing-up several times. So, I stayed home from work with him on Monday and watched him play and laugh and make a mess of the house.

I went back to work and and T to daycare on Tuesday. Brendan stayed home not feeling well, actually feeling rather horrible with a stomach and backache and super weak overall. I got a call at 11:30 from our daycare provider that Tegan had puked up what she thought was his entire lunch. Thankfully I only had 15-20 minutes left with my kiddos before lunch so I finished out my morning, got a sub for the afternoon (praise God there was already on in the building who was only scheduled for the AM), picked-up Tegan, went back to school to write up lesson plans, started feeling really nasty myself, came home and barely made it up the basement stairs before I lost it myself. You'd think it'd stop there but it doesn't. While playing on the family room floor Tegan started throwing-up again (how much did the kid eat is all I want to know)!


After about 45 minutes or so Brendan and I decided there was no way either of us could take care of Tegan as we were both literally curled up on the floor with cold sweats, shakes, etc. I called all I could think of and finally got ahold of our great friend Jen (you're read of her several times). Again, PTL (praise the Lord) she was able to leave work and come lend a hand (actually both). Our realtor also came over with the papers for us to accept an offer (yes, the house is almost sold!) and brought up lots of 7-Up, thanks Tom!!!


Ok, so are we still on Tuesday? Oh, yes we are. One of the longest days of my life I tell ya! Jen stayed until 8ish I believe, and soon after I went to bed and left Brendan sleeping on the couch so as to not disturb him. Wednesday morning Brendan woke up feeling right as rain, but couldn't say the same for myself. Since he had puked the day before Tegan had to stay home regardless of how I felt, so I emailed lesson plans into a coworker and stayed home with him.

I had hoped to go back to work today (Thursday) but Tegan developed a fever of over 101F last night, so I knew he'd need to stay home today. I did call the pediatrician to make sure they didn't think I should bring him in, but they suspect that all of T's yuck might actually be due to the fact that he's "cutting" 4 teeth right now (his upper 4), so they said to just watch the fever and make sure it doesn't go above 102.

Tomorrow there is no daycare as it's Good Friday, but I Brendan already agreed to watch Tegan and I've got a work day at work... it'll be catch-up day for me and the boys' day together here at home.



So there ya have it... our nasty, yucky week here. Sorry for the lack of pictures, haven't really felt up to taking any until just these past few hours. Here's an oldie'. It's from March 20, 2007... one year ago exactly :) My baby is getting so big!!!Hope all is well with you and yours!!!


Love to all!!!


~j

2 comments:

kristofer and ivy said...

oh, no! I know how hard it is when ONE person is sick. Glad your rough week is almost over. =)

Poor T with all those teeth at once. Can you believe how fast they grow??

j_mo said...

Remind me to tease Brendan about his "biker biceps".