Sunday, August 05, 2007

6 Months Old!

Today is officially Tegan's 6 month birthday! I cannot believe he's 1/2 way to 1 year old! It's really strange! Tegan is getting really close to sitting unsupported, which is really exciting for me to think that I'll soon be able to put him down on the floor and he can entertain himself more easily. :) We haven't weighed Tegan since his last trip to the doctor... 3 weeks ago I think that was. My guess is that he's about 20 pounds... maybe 21. It makes me laugh because at 1 year old our good friend Eli (Jessica and Mitch's little guy) was 21 pounds... so interesting how each baby grows and develops so extremely differently!
So sleepy :)

On Thursday T and I spent the day with my sister Amanda. We went to lunch and then took a nice long walk around Lake of the Isles in Uptown. Tegan seemed to really enjoy it... he always enjoys being outside. It was a beautiful day for a walk, too. It did get a little warm, upper 80's probably but there was next to no humidity and we enjoyed a nice breeze off the lake. As you can see, we also got some great pictures! There are a few that A and I both with we took in color because his eyes would have just popped, but the sepia and black & white ones are still great. :)
I'm trying to think of what else is new. OH, I know... I just bought Tegan several Carter's outfits that are 6-9 months in size... they seemed so big when he first wore them and only a few weeks later they are already starting to be too short in the torso! I did, though, also buy some Old Navy clothes that are 6-12 months in size and they still fit with plenty of room to grow, so that is good. Looks like it's time to just start buying outfits that are tops and bottoms and have T wear a plain white onsie under it all to keep from bearing his belly all the time :) At least the onsies are cheap and something he's comfortable in! The only tough thing about that is that his 'little' belly is so darn round that finding pants that fit, other than knit pj pants, is sometimes tough. :) I'm not too worried, though, since he should thin out quickly once he starts crawling, which hopefully isn't too far away.
Love to all!
~j

1 comment:

Mindy said...

How precious. I LOVE that first picture. T just has the most beautiful eyes.

I'm hoping I get to see him (and you) this week!