Monday, August 20, 2007

Scratch Scratch!

You might think the title of this post refers to Tegan getting scratched by one of the cats or him scratching himself with his dagger fingernails (which I cut/trim several times a week!) but... NOPE! The title refers to what Mr. Man did to me, his beloved Mommy. Yes, Tegan is obsessed (to say the least) with exploring each and every aspect of my face (any one's face he can get his hands on for that matter). Well, I thought nothing of it when he shoved a finger into my nose the other day. I just pulled it out and said "No, ICKY!" Sure, he scratched me a little when he did it, but I like I said, I thought nothing of it. He's done the same thing before and to my hears and nose and, if I let him, my eyelids.

So my nose was sore yesterday, no big deal... my fall allergies are beginning to kick in so I'd been blowing my nose a lot. It wasn't until I woke up this morning with excruciating pain in my left nostril that I was a bit worried... then I looked in the mirror. You can't tell from the photo above, but the left side of my nose was super swollen. Turns out the little scratch I thought nothing of has become infected... yet another thing I never expected to happen in my life. So, after a trip to the Minute Clinic at our local CVS Pharmacy I am now on antibiotics. HA! So, word to the wise (i.e. those of you who have little ones who aren't to this stage of life yet) protect your nose! hahaha!!!

On the developmental front... Tegan's sitting alone is getting better by the day. It's SO nice to be able to sit him down and let him play facing me without me having to hold his hands. It gives us a lot more freedom to play new games. YAY!
I swear, Tegan did that all by himself! :)
OH, so they say to put your baby on their back to sleep... well, this is how we find Tegan each and every morning now

I know, I know... this is obviously not a picture of Tegan sleeping in his crib. I thought I had one, but this IS what he looks like when we get him in the morning. On his tummy!!! My child, who has hated 'tummy time' almost since birth now will ONLY sleep on his tummy! It's so cute to see him all curled up hugging his little animal blankie, sucking on his paci' and sleeping, well, like a baby. :)

One last thing. I know many of you have been dying to see the dresser I refinished... well... here it is:



Now that you've seen it... I know you'll be able to sleep at night again. :) Happy Monday!

Love to all

~jenn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking kid and a great looking dresser. Thew hardware really adds to the refinish job.

Room 307 said...

Oh my gosh, Abbie made my nose bleed the other day from sticking her finger up my nose and scratching it!! These babies are dangerous!! = ) I had my first day of school today... it went well... REALLY good class, but I'm just exhausted. Good luck with your nose = )

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh, I just love that happy baby! And the dresser looks awesome, nice work! Is it the one you had in your room before??