Monday, October 19, 2009

BOOO!

Nope, it's not a ghost scaring you - it's me whining. I got the call today that I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test - MISERABLY! My blood glucose was at 193 - CRAZY high! So, I had 2 options - go in for the 3 hour fasting test OR just assume I've got it and meet with the diabetes nurse and get my testing supplies. I knew immediately what my decision was - that 3 hour test is a killer, so we're just going to assume I've got GD again and move on from there. It's just a bummer because the season of eating is just starting (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas). Oh well - I'm just happy that my sweet Casey is still doing well :)

I should have known it was coming when I've been craving baked goods like crazy the past few weeks...

Love to all!
~j

2 comments:

Jill said...

So sorry to hear about the GD but also so happy that all is going well with Casey!!

Heather said...

Oh! Sorry to hear. You'll get through it. Plus, at the end you'll have the sweetest thing in the world, your little girl!