Friday, October 16, 2009

... In the Whole Wide World

Yes, T's been using that phrase a lot lately. On Monday he announced (very excitedly in the car on the way to daycare), "Daddy is my favorite daddy in the whole wide world!" (Apparently T has several daddies of his own?). Yesterday while helping me bake muffins I was "the nicest most nice mommy in the whole wide world." And today fruit snacks are his "most favoritest food in the whole wide world." Love my boy! I'll post some pics of T from the past month or so... none really apply to any of the following stories, but thought you'd all enjoy seeing our little 'punkin! :)

I know it's been 2 weeks since I last really posted but I'm seriously at a loss for what to say... T's arm is 95% healed based on the x-rays at his follow-up appointment with the orthopedist on Wednesday - YAY! He still calls his right arm his "owie arm" and tries to get out of stuff at home (like cleaning up his toys) by using the "owie arm" as an excuse - doesn't work with me, though... now we just have to make sure he takes it "easy" on the arm for another 3 weeks while the last 5% of the healing occurs. Specifically, no bikes, parks/play-sets, high speed running, etc. Thank GOD it's fall and been really cold outside or else that'd be much harder to stick to!

Tegan is the best big brother to Casey already - it's truly SO sweet to watch him! He remembers to say hi to her daily - does so by lifting up my shirt, talking at my belly while "holding her" (my belly really) and then tells her to "have fun in Mommy's tummy!" and quickly pulls my shirt back down. Some days he just wants to sit and "hold her" (like I said, just put his arms around the sticking out part of my belly). I even caught him whispering to her one day to, "hurry up and come out soon!" Really?!
How did I get such a loving child? I mean, he does drive me nuts a lot (like today when it took nearly an hour to get him down for nap and yesterday when it was tantrum after tantrum over crazy stuff - he was SO upset that I wouldn't let him have marshmallows and chips for breakfast) but he's still my sweet little boy. At our staff development workshop on Wednesday we had to make a "Decalogue" of someone we love (basically a list of 10 things/qualities that describe them most in our mind). I chose Tegan and only made it to 3 things before I had to leave the room in tears - he just fills my heart that much that I become overwhelmed emotionally... mostly because I hurt so badly that he didn't get to carry out his excitement for being Ty's big brother beyond talking about it before Ty was born... and now the love that he already expresses for his sister is just amazing and mature beyond words! WOW!

I recently rented a fetal heart rate monitor to help calm/ease my fears whenever I am worried that Casey isn't moving enough or when I just want to listen to her body/heart working. Every day, when we get home from school/daycare, Tegan remembers that we need to "listen to Casey" and he promptly takes me to the kitchen where we keep the monitor. Maybe it's just because he loves pushing the power button for me, but regardless of his motivation, the sight of his eyes lighting up when her heartbeat begins to pulse from the speaker is indescribable.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone that lit a candle in Ty's honor yesterday (October 15 - Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Infant Loss awareness day). The pic below is of the one our neighbor lit for Ty and posted on her facebook account :)I kept candles burning at our house all day and evening and several of you sent me notes that you had one lit for him as well. Even though it wasn't the anniversary of anything it still was a bit of an emotional day thinking about not only Ty but all the children/babies lost to these "causes" and their families... It's hard to believe that it's been nearly 9 months since I last heard my baby boy's heart beating. The healing, support and comfort that God has provided me in that time is amazing!

Take care & love to all!!!
~j

No comments: