Friday, October 16, 2009

Mr. Personality

Just a quick update for now - the plan is to do a "real" update during nap-time today... I know you're itchin' for some good T stories. I'll give you one to tide you over.

The only thing that would make this story better would be to have a picture to go with it, unfortunately there wasn't a camera near Brendan when it happened... OK - to preface this you must know that Tegan is not much of a fan of any sort of nudity. Every once in a while he'll want to get naked... even not having his shirt on is not something he enjoys. Strange for a toddler, I know. Well, my sister was over last night and she and I were talking while T went between talking with us, playing on the floor and watching his new "Harold and the Purple Crayon and other stories" video. Suddenly, he stood up and announced that he wanted to take his shirt off and "be like Daddy" (which was funny because Brendan doesn't normally walk around w/o a shirt unless he's just finished a workout or it's near bedtime and he's in his "pj's"). I gladly helped Tegan take off his shirt and he was SO excited to be "naked Tegan". HA!

Now that alone is a cute story, but there's more. I invited T to go downstairs to the bike room and show Daddy/Brendan how he was dressed like him. A few minutes later Brendan came up the stairs laughing and shared that Tegan had put on one of his [Brendan's] medals from a bike race and stood up, looked at the medal and pretended to read "To George, the first space monkey" (the last line of one of his favorite books - have I mentioned he LOVES Curious George?!). So just picture a shirtless Tegan with a bike medal around his neck reciting a line from a Curious George book. It was just too cute! Like I said, the only thing that would make the story better would be a picture of T with no shirt and the medal... I may just have to recreate the situation today just to get a picture ;)

More later... love to all!
~j

No comments: